Drive disconnects

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Drive disconnects

Post by Milu23771 »

Hello everyone, since I changed the phone, a Doogee S 88 plus, when the Zumo XT is turned on, the bluetooth association is immediate, with connection of audio support, calls and Drive. Unfortunately, however, often the Drive app alone disconnects, because if I check the connections I still see active audio support, calls, but it says Drive disconnected. Anyone have any suggestions? The Zumo is fully up to date, and I have already tried uninstalling Drive and then reinstalling it, but without success. Thanks
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Drive disconnects

Post by jfheath »

You may need to destroy your BT connections and then remake them. Your phone and the XT. Devices tend to get confused and spend time looking for the last device to which they were connected.

Also, some options only ever appear once - so you never get chance to redo them.

I created this video as a series of 4 to set up Explore in the XT, but after the couple of minutes explaining all of the connections, the rest of video #1 is to do with getting the Drive connection sorted out. Check it out from around 2:20 - see if you missed something.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
neilb
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by neilb »

I had a problem with Drive not connecting if the XT was already switched on. It connects instantly if I switch on the XT when Drive is already running on my phone. Probably no use to you, but I thought I’d throw it in!
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Thanks to both of you for the tips, but I've set Drive always on in the background on my phone, so when I turn on the Zumo, Drive is already running. Among other things, at the beginning the connection always occurs regularly, but then, at times, it is interrupted. Thanks for the videos, which I will try, taking a thousand breaks, to decipher with my bad English.