XT stopped receiving texts

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 608 times
Great Britain

Re: XT stopped receiving texts

Post by jfheath »

Does your phone get an alert when a message comes in from her ?

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jcp
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jcp »

The text comes thru to the phone but there is no alert on the phone or the Zumo. There is an alert when anyone else sends a test.
jcp
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jcp »

Thank you Mr. Heath! I finally found the item that pertained to the wife's contact that was turned off. All good now!
sbrace
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by sbrace »

Hi all,

I appreciate that this is quite an old post but i have recently also suffered with this issue where texts etc do not appear on the Garmin despite all settings appearing to be correct. I have been through all the suggestions with no resolve. However i then cam across a post that explained the issue with the iPhone latest update, and that this has stopped the notifications flowing through to external devices.
The solution is

Goto Settings
Notifications
Make sure Show Previews is set to Always
Then scroll down and find the application , e.g. Messages
Make sure all notifications are selected
ensure that Show Previews is set to Always
Repeat this for all other applications e.g. WhatsApp etc

Here is the link if you need it - https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=a ... tab=topics

Please note this is only for iPhones.

This solved it for me and i now have notifications appearing on my XT.

Hope this helps

Stu
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Brilliant Stu.

I've come across something similar since my android updated a couple of days ago. I'm touring at present so am currently just trying to get it to alert during the day and not at night - as it used to ! I'll look for any similar settings to the ones you describe.

Today is a day off Tomorrow is moving towards Skye. And oddly sky is moving towards us as we have a yellow weather warning!

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sbrace
Great Britain

Post by sbrace »

Hi JFHeath,

Me and some friends are off to Scotland in a couple of weeks on a bike tour, hopefully the weather will hold up while we are there.

Enjoy your trip

Stu
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Torrential rain on Tuesday. Wed, Thu were forecast the same, but forecasts for Scotland are nearly always wrong. The roads dry very quickly and we had some good sunny runs. Especially yesterday when we realised that every place that we had ridden through had just had a sudden sharp shower. Roads were wet through, but they were dry under the trees, with very few wet tyre marks crossing the dry patches. We were following a downpour ! We were riding west with the wind behind us, so we stopped for 30 mins to let it get further ahead of us and we had dry roads and some sun for the rest of the way.

jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hi. Re your Scotland trip.

If you are venturing anywhere near Ballater, (and it would be criminal to head up the A9 to Inverness when you could go through the Cairngorms) there is a major road closure at Gairnshiel Lodge - the steep sided triangular bridge that leaves coaches and trailers stranded like the road sign. They are building a new bridge and modifying the roads to allow the crane and vehicles with the girders to get to it.

These are the 3 roads that meet at Gairnshiel Lodge Bridge:

The B976 NE from Balmoral Castle / Craithie.
The A939 NW from Ballater

Both of these have junctions with the A93 between Braemar and Ballater - alongside the River Dee. Royal Deeside.

The third road is the section of the A939 N from Garnshiel Bridge to where it meets the A944 near Corgarff Castle.

The A944 is open, as is the A939 W past Corgarff Castle and climbing up over The Lecht ski summit.

The map shows the section concerned. The preferred route is form Craithie / Balmoral Castle along the dotted B976 and then the A939 heading north. This route is the left hand side of a 'square' of A roads. The detour takes the other three sides of that square.

The detour heads east along the A93 for 6 miles to Dinnet. North on the A97 to Boultenstone. Then west on the 944 to Colnabaichin where it joins the A939.

PNG image.png
PNG image.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 720 times

It is still worth it to do that amazing Lecht road, on the A939 from Cock Bridge to Tomintoul, but if your day is already stretched to the limit, it could be a bit demoralising if you don't know about it. I thought that the sign said that the road is closed until 22 October 2022. This report says 10th October. I'll check the onboard video when I get home.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne ... -february/

Also, there seems to be a major hold up of traffic through Nairn, so the B roads running parallel to, and south of the A96 between Nairn and Inverness are to be preferred - past Cawdor Castle and Culloden.

sbrace
Great Britain

Post by sbrace »

Hi JFHeath,

Many thanks for the tips and advice.

I have my fingers crossed for the weather.

Hope you had a great time.

Stu