Combine routes

Got a question that doesn't fit in to any other category? Then please use this section.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Combine routes

Post by sussamb »

That should work then, is the EU map selected and showing in BaseCamp?
CollingsBob
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 21 times
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

Yes, the correct EU map is loaded. When I select the various sections of the route in the panel on the left side of the screen, the corresponding sections of the map are highlighted. That being done if I right click on that same list of now highlighted sections - there is no “join” …
Today I am going to send a .gpx file from my iMac to my PC to see if the menu on the PC has a “join” …
Certified JB Welder
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Select the image to see a better quality.

CTRL-Left Click selects two routes that are not adjacent in the lower left pane.
Basecamp Merge Route.jpg
Basecamp Merge Route.jpg (90.29 KiB) Viewed 4035 times

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
CollingsBob
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

I just tried that on my iMac..the menu is different, there is no “join” command..I sent you a screen grab by email.
Certified JB Welder
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

That's strange as I see the same as @jfheath
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I have screenshots of Mac menus. (That's as close as I get to getting my hands on one !)
There is a Join Track, but no Join Route.
Unless there is a contextual menu pop up.

I've had a PM from Bob.
The only other way it to copy the route points from one Trip list onto the end of another.
Not neat, but easy enought to do. (I've done it a lot of times, I never noticed the Join option for years !).

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

In Windows it shows the relevant one, so join tracks or join routes depending on what is selected. Sounds like Mac doesn't do that.
CollingsBob
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

Tomorrow I’ll be taking the recently rebuilt PC apart to see if the graphics issues are being caused by either flexing of the motherboard or improper seating of the graphics card in the motherboard. Hopefully careful re-assembly will result in a properly functioning PC so that I can revert to using basecamp on the PC.
Certified JB Welder
CollingsBob
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

Today we pulled the computer apart and reinstalled it all, carefully examining everything to make sure all connectors and cards were properly seated.
We encountered the same issues with large portions of the map not loading. We believed that the Europe map was corrupted, so I removed the sd card from the gps, then re-downloaded the map directly to the gps.

When I first load the Europe Map in Basecamp I get large areas of the map obscured by gray rectangles - the route shows up on a gray background - with no detail in the gray. If I switch the map to “Global Map” in Basecamp the map displays correctly, but the route is nowhere near the roads that is supposed to be following, and I cannot switch back to the Europe map in Basecamp..if I try I get an error message on screen “An error occurred when attempting to use the City Navigator Europe NT 2020.1 Map Product”
If I click ok on that warning it removes the Europe map from the list of maps available in basecamp and I cannot get the Europe Map to show up in Basecamp unless I unplug the Garmin from the PC..
Certified JB Welder
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

That's very weird but a new EU map 2022.20 has just been released, try downloading that one.