Zumo XT cutting off intercom

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
b1324
Been liked: 4 times
Slovenia

Re: Zumo XT cutting off intercom

Post by b1324 »

I have the same issue. My phone is connected to Zumo XT (for garmin drive and phone) and my Sena 20S EVO is connected to Zumo XT. I have updated firmware on all devices. I noticed that intercom is cut off when there is sound from the Zumo XT - route instructions, speed limit sounds and warnings, etc. If I muted the sound the issue was still present. I had to disabled voice navigation and also disabled driving asist options to make it working. And in Sena headset I have audio multitasking and these kind of settings properly set. I hope they will fix this.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

b1324 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:43 am I have the same issue. My phone is connected to Zumo XT (for garmin drive and phone) and my Sena 20S EVO is connected to Zumo XT. I have updated firmware on all devices. I noticed that intercom is cut off when there is sound from the Zumo XT - route instructions, speed limit sounds and warnings, etc. If I muted the sound the issue was still present. I had to disabled voice navigation and also disabled driving asist options to make it working. And in Sena headset I have audio multitasking and these kind of settings properly set. I hope they will fix this.
I know what you mean, but this is the way that it works, and I hope that they don't 'fix' it.
If you think about it - it is a stanav - it is giving you time critical information - ie it has to tell you to take the next left turn, before you actually reach it. If it cannot alert you in time, it isn't doing its job. So it cuts the sound to anything that it regards as not quite as important.

In my experience, it doesn't cut out phone calls though.

If the voice prompts are not as critical to you it gives you two options.
Turn voice prompts off.
Use the mixer to turn the navigation prompts down.

Personally, I think that it the right combination of priorities.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Plainmad
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Plainmad »

I think it is a fault.

If I pair my Zumo as GPS with my headset then when it talks and I’ve got an intercom conversation going on my intercom is lowered in volume and the Zumo talks over it loudly but it doesn’t cut it off.

When it cuts it off it takes a couple of seconds afterwards to reconnect which is a pain.
b1324
Slovenia

Post by b1324 »

Perhaps I forgot to mention that when it cuts off intercom in doesn't automaticaly connect it back. This was critical in my case. When I was driving through subburbs it was constantly alerting me about where to go, what is the speed limit, then that the speed limit is going to change, and again where to turn, speed limit... if I wanted to reconnect intercom I had to press the button on the helmet. So most of the time I was driving with one hand :D

If it would automaticaly reconnect intercom that this would be acceptible. Better solution would be to just play all the sounds (satnav and intercome) at the same time. My Sena 20S EVO has audio multitasking and this should work like that. Not to just cut intercom in the middle of talk. My opinion anyway.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hmm. Ok. That doesn't sound right - if you have the mixer volumes set appropriately.
Maybe my wired autocom is the device that is cutting the sound for me.
I'll bow out of this - my experience isn't the same as your, so I am not helping.

But just checking - is your headset paired to the Zumo ?
When there is only one BT headset, everything has to be paired to the Zumo.

(When there are two headsets involved, I don't know how that it achieved. I think I read that the first has to be paired to the Zumo, the other has to be paired tot he first - but the headsets have to support this mode opf operation. Not all do.
But I have no experience of pairing two headsets.)

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
b1324
Slovenia

Post by b1324 »

I have my headset paired to Zumo XT, and my mobile phone is also connected to Zumo XT. My pasenger headset is paired with pasanger phone and NOT connected to Zumo. My headset and pasanger headset has intercom connection between each other.
I think that this is either SW related (could be Sena or Zumo) or there is some setting with strange name that we didn't find set correctly. For me it is also not critical, I am OK with that that I have only visual assist on Zumo. Eventualy this will be solved...
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Did this issue ever get corrected or did anyone find a better way to fix this other than turning off voice turn by turn? I'm having the same issue with a Sena 30K to a Zumo XT to an iPhone. Thanks for the help.
Min
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Min »

I don't think people understand the operation of BT and the GPS unit.
The GPS is the master and all other items are slaves and can only listen or talk at once so the GPS is the master switch and has to possible look at returning back to what it was doing before and it may even require relinking to a headset which could have gone to sleep (Power Saving).

If those who want a fading system of music or audio when something else happens then you need t look at something like the Autcom system and the best costs money.

The GPS sees directions as important and will cut out most things (stop music) and switch back.

Enjoy your GPS its there to help :D