Zumo XT handlebar remote

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Mester
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Denmark

Zumo XT handlebar remote

Post by Mester »

thanks for the add, and sorry if this has been asked before, I was not able to find it anyway ..
just got my Zumo XT for use on my BMW GS, and love it so far, but it would be really helpfull if I could do some simple stuff from the handlebar, zoom in/out in maps, start/stop tracing, so it this possible, via cable or Bluetooth, with Garmin hardware or aftermarket ?
thanks
Last edited by Mester on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hati
Been liked: 15 times
Australia

Re: Zumo XT handlebar remote

Post by Hati »

You are out of luck I'm afraid. You need to go to a Nav V or VI to get any handlebar interaction. The XT is not a BMW compatible model, nor does it have any potential to connect to anything but power, at least with the current 2 pin cable.
Mester
Denmark

Post by Mester »

sureI know the cable version is dead, but BT remote could also be an option, is it there? BT remote for XT?
thanks
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

It's easy to control your Zumo if you mount it on the left handlebar. No remote needed!

..Tom
Mester
Denmark

Post by Mester »

maybe, but I do offroad and need the screen to be in the top of the tower for viewing angel, and is dangerous to look away from the road when driving, the handelbar is away form the driving direction ;)
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 194 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

I've always thought that this is among the sillier things motorcyclists say. You never glance in your mirrors? Or at the speedometer, tachometer, turn signal indicators, gear indicator, or any of the numerous other blinky lights or gauges/meters your bike may have? O M G!! Every time you do you are looking away from the road! Why aren't you dead yet?
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Mester
Denmark

Post by Mester »

thanks for your constructive comment, have a safe ride 8-)
auke54
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times
Netherlands

Post by auke54 »

Hi Mester,

I must say that I do look with envy at the BMW's that have this solution, handlebar operated. I'm not an off-roader but I fancy the feature very much.
Maybe some Far-Eastern manufacturers have such an alternative available. I for one would be interested!

Greetz!
XT (SystemSoftware 6.30)
jhonnys68
Spain

Post by jhonnys68 »

I, too, would like to elaborate on this topic. First of all forgive my writing since I do it with an automatic translator.
As I say I would also like to have a remote control to control the XT from the handlebars and not have to let go of my hands for simple operations. The hardware already exists in Garmin to control MTB equipment such as the Edge Explore 1000 or similar. Why could not implement its use with the XT ? Could anyone pass the question on to Garmin technicians?
https://www.garmin.com/es-ES/p/146078