Show Tracks on Map issue fixed!

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
slane6
Has liked: 9 times
United States of America

Show Tracks on Map issue fixed!

Post by slane6 »

Did anyone notice that the "Show Tracks on Map" issue has been fixed in the latest firmware update? There is now a button under the Edit Track menu that brings back the "Show on Map" function. You may have to do a unit reset to get it to show up, but it's there. Finally fixed the one big issue that I have had with the XT. :)
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 610 times
Great Britain

Re: Show Tracks on Map issue fixed!

Post by jfheath »

The show on map facility was there in 6.20 (probably earlier), but it disappeared if you set up your XT to link to the Garmin.Explore website. It was then only available for collections - which would turn on or off everything that you put into a collection.

'Show on Map' came back if you reset your Explore data in the hidden Diagnostic Page.

I will check that out see how it has changed. Thank you.

Oh tish ..... I had just got my XT document ready to publish. More editing to do .....

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

No - it is still not there - if you have Explore enabled. You have to put tracks (and anything else you want to group together) into a Collection, then you can make the Collection visible on the XT.

You can organise things into a Collection on the XT screen - but you cannot create a collection on the XT itself. That has to be done on the Explore site. I set up 5 collection on my explore account, so that they are there on the XT is I want to use them. But generally I have the Explore account disconnected. I am not a fan.

To do that you have to enter the Diagnostic Page.
Map -> Speed -> Circular Speedo === Hold for 10 secs
Then Developer Tests and Tools -> Reset Explore Database.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
mad-dawg
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by mad-dawg »

Thanks for this, I searched for an answer and gave up trying to display a track and route together.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

So can you to do it now - after reading my last post ?

If not, I'll send you something that will help. I do it a lot.

mad-dawg
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by mad-dawg »

Hi
Yes I got it to display the track, thankyou. If you have something I am always interested in ant tips?
Thanks for your help