I would like to bring my laptop with me but the laptop has not been updated in a while and I believe it has maps from 2019.
Question: Is there a way to update the maps on the laptop but not to the most recent map set? I would like to update only to 2022.1.
Is there a way to do this?
EDIT: I think (correct me if I’m wrong) if I connect the unit to the laptop, I can use the 2022.1 map set (on the unit, not the laptop), to edit and create more routes, right?
Trinity, North Carolina
Zumo 590LM, 450, 550 BMW R1100RT, R100, R60/6
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 18 Jun 2018 10:14
- Location: North Carolina USA
- Has liked: 31 times
- Been liked: 87 times
- make sure Garmin Express is NOT running. Even in the background. Closed it completely if it is. One thing to do too is changed Express settings to NOT start automatically when a device is connected.
- If necessary, change your laptop power settings to not go off.
- start Base Camp and wait about 10 minutes while doing something else.
- then I connect the gps and wait at least another 5 minutes, 10 is better, for everything Garmin to do its thing.
Keep remind yourself, "wait. Wait, wait, wait." Garmin stuff is extremely slow to load and set itself up to run. Be patient. In your case, deny permissions to update too, they may well keep popping up until you do. Then you can easily switch to use the gps maps instead of Base Camp's.
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests