Zumo XT & SD Card Not Recognized on a Mac

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
GryCulb18
United States of America

Zumo XT & SD Card Not Recognized on a Mac

Post by GryCulb18 »

Just moved from a Nav VI to the Zumo XT. Have been through most of the recommendations on the internet- new USB cord, plug in the back of the Mac, try to find the devices with Disk Utility, changed settings in Security & Privacy (Files & Folders, etc,), restarted and still there is NO RECOGNITION by the Mac of the Zumo XT & SD Card. I can get the Zumo XT to work in Garmin Express & Gramin BaseCamp. HOW DO I FIX THIS??? Best,

Doc :?: :?:
cr0100
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo XT & SD Card Not Recognized on a Mac

Post by cr0100 »

There is an application: "Android File Transfer" that you need to load and run before a Mac can see the filesystems on the Zumo XT. This isn't a Garmin application/utility, it's third-party. Google around for it...

This AFT application, naturally, interferes with Basecamp and Garmin Express talking to the Zumo... so you will get prompted to kill that app when you run Garmin Express/Basecamp. It's kind of a pain, I don't know why they couldn't work something into the OS on the Garmin to not require this kind of jury-rigging... but there we are.
GryCulb18
United States of America

Post by GryCulb18 »

cr0100,

That worked great. I am now able to access the Zumo XT & the SD Card. For those that want to get Android File Transfer here is the Apple Link:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205063

If you want to put songs on the SD card make sure to create a file on the SD card called "MP3". Download your mp3 songs directly into this file. You will still have to organize them on the Zumo XT into Playlist, genera, artist, etc. Best,

Doc ;) ;)
luvnrocs
United States of America

Post by luvnrocs »

I'm using Android File transfer but can only see the zumo XT and not my SD card. Any advice?
Vespamarc
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Belgium

Post by Vespamarc »

Yes, check your sd card. :-) Well placed in your device?
Last edited by Vespamarc on Wed May 04, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vespamarc
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Belgium

Post by Vespamarc »

GryCulb18 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:44 pm cr0100,

That worked great. I am now able to access the Zumo XT & the SD Card. For those that want to get Android File Transfer here is the Apple Link:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205063
This is the link: https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
luvnrocs
United States of America

Post by luvnrocs »

Problem solved. After a few cable disconnects and reconnects, AFT now sees my SD card. It was strange because the Zumo XT was seeing the card so I knew the card was working. Just technology being finicky.