Phone call quality

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
copacetic
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Re: Phone call quality

Post by copacetic »

OK.

So while I was doing more logging for Garmin, I tested it when I was paired to channel 2 and it worked - no issues. I added in the Garmin Drive app and it still works. As JRA mentioned above, this may be the way Bluetooth behaves. It is pretty amazing how it frequency hops across 80 channels on the same 2.4Ghz as WIFI. Given all the data going back and forth, I guess we are lucky that it works at all. I am going to leave the paring like it is now and hope stays working.
Cribbe
Sweden

Post by Cribbe »

I do have the same problem. Did this solve the problem?
If so what exactly do you mean pairing it to channel 2?
I have the Zumo xt with Cardo packtalk bold.
I have tried with iPhone 12, 13 mini and Samsung note 20 but the problem is still there for me.
Have been in contact with Garmin but have not yet got any info from the (3 months ago)
Any help is appreciated :roll:
kevin2735

Post by kevin2735 »

I have the Zumo XT, Packtalk Bold, and an iPhone 12 with the very same issue despite updating the latest firmware. The calls would have an annoying crackling sound during the call.

The solution that worked for me was pairing the Zumo to the second bluetooth channel on the Packtalk Bold. This resulted in a significant improvement in call quality. It still had some faint noise, but it was much better than previous pairing configuration. The steps in the Packtalk Bold to pair to channel 2 are on page 6 of the Palktalk Bold manual. I suspect that if you have a Sena 20S or later, and can pair to the second channel you would have the same result.

To pair Bluetooth channel 2 to another Bluetooth device:
1. Enable Bluetooth on the device (for example, your mobile phone, GPS device, or music player).
2. On the unit in standby mode, press for 5 seconds. The LED flashes red and blue.
3. Tap twice. The LED flashes red and green.
4. If you are pairing a GPS device, roll the control wheel inward.
The LED flashes slower.
5. On the device you are pairing, search for Bluetooth devices.
6. When your PACKTALK BOLD appears in the list of available devices, select it. If prompted for a PIN or Passkey, enter 0000 (four zeros).
The device confirms that pairing has succeeded and the LED flashes purple for 2 seconds.
Last edited by kevin2735 on Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.