Did TopoActive PS Americas change regions?

groundhog719
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Did TopoActive PS Americas change regions?

Post by groundhog719 »

I just noticed that TopoActive PS Americas, North 2021.1 and TopoActive PS Americas, Central 2021.1 are now divided by a line that runs along the north border of Calif., Nevada, Utah and Colorado. It then drops down the eastern border of Colorado, the northern border of Oklahoma and eastern border of Oklahoma and Texas.

Didn't coverage of TopoActive PS Americas, North used to be the USA and Canada and TopoActive PS Americas, Central was Mexico down to Panama?

That is going to make the routes I've plotted going back and forth across the Colorado / Wyoming border need to be split into several routes each because each crossing uses the other map. I haven't had to do that with a GPS for decades. The old way was serviceable, this way I just as well get out the paper maps.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Did TopoActive PS Americas change regions?

Post by sussamb »

You shouldn't need to change routes, your Zumo will see it as one continuous map.
groundhog719
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

But you can't plot routes in Basecamp across maps. You need to make 2 separate routes.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Well you mentioned the routes you'd plotted needing to be changed but that shouldn't be the case.

New routes plotted in BaseCamp will be more of an issue, although while the CN EU map is split into two on a device the complete map is installed on a computer for BaseCamp to use. Perhaps the same is true of those maps.
groundhog719
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

Routes that I have already plotted that now cross between the 2 maps are re-routed so that they stay on one map. For example I have one route (a loop) that was 91 miles that is now 142 miles and backtracks several times. There is only 0.2 miles of the loop that is on the other map. Now I have to break that single route into 3 routes (and will need to load the first leg in trip planner, stop and load the 2nd leg and then stop again and load the 3rd leg on the GPS when I am riding the trip).

I spent a great deal of time plotting routes for this summer's riding, many of which criss-cross between the maps. Now I need to go back and edit those (divide them into several routes) and make sure they will take me where I originally expected to go. It would be nice to know it this is a permanent change before I do that. If it is temporary I should not have to make the changes.
groundhog719
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

There was a map update in the last several days. I just installed it but can't (as yet) tell which map(s) where updated or how. There was no indication when updating of which maps were affected or any change in version numbers. Also no change in the Topo North America borders.