Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: another feature being limited

Post by sussamb »

Latest from Garmin on their forum:

Thanks for your patience here. This is a known issue that we are working on. At this time there is not a fix or work around other than to connect your device to the computer.

So guess folks just have to be patient.
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

This is what I got

We are aware of the issue with the Zumo XT not being able to install maps to the computer.

We have added you into an open investigation which will be used to determine the cause of this issue which we are looking into currently. Using the information provided they will test and reach a suitable resolution which will then be supplied to you directly by email.

We cannot provide a time frame for this process as it depends on what is discovered during the investigation and what is required to resolve the issue.

Any updates will come to you directly via email as an affected user of this case.
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
groundhog719
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

JohnnyRidesAlone wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:48 pm I have a nasty feeling this is going to be permanent and also a ruse to get you to buy more!
me too.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

There is some good news....sort of.

I met up with another member today to try one of the work-arounds. He brought his laptop and I my old nuvi 780. I had already removed it from my own Garmin Express.

He opened GE and added the nuvi to his acct. Voila! Maps can now be downloaded to his computer. So if you have an old device or have a fiend nearby with one, give it a try!
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Sightseer99
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by Sightseer99 »

JohnnyRidesAlone wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:48 pm I have a nasty feeling this is going to be permanent and also a ruse to get you to buy more!
This "bug" is having the exact opposite effect for me. I'm waiting for this to be fixed before buying a Zumo XT.

I do a lot of route planning/design on the laptop. Requiring the device to be perpetually tethered to the laptop is a show stopper for me. It seems like fixing this should be a higher priority for Garmin.
groundhog719
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

Sightseer99 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:18 pm
This "bug" is having the exact opposite effect for me. I'm waiting for this to be fixed before buying a Zumo XT.

I do a lot of route planning/design on the laptop. Requiring the device to be perpetually tethered to the laptop is a show stopper for me. It seems like fixing this should be a higher priority for Garmin.
Know what you mean. It seems like there are several things that have changed/are changing with the software that would have made me reconsider the XT had they been in effect when I bought mine. It took me 3 XT units to get one that worked consistently (almost all of my riding season and of my warranty period) and now the software is changing making it again not usable in the way it was represented when I bought it.