Pairing JBL Cruise to XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Mediathug
United States of America

Pairing JBL Cruise to XT

Post by Mediathug »

Hello, first timer here...

Is it possible to pair the XT directly to a BT speaker like the JBL Cruise? It's just a powered BT speaker system for Harley Davidson bikes.
(shortest link to a picture here)
https://teamfasmotorsports-com.3dcartst ... p_730.html

Pre- XT, I would pair my iPhone with these speakers, and they're great. But I'd rather use the XT since the screen is usable with gloves.
The reason I want to pair the XT directly to the speakers is that I want to be able to hear audible directions through the speakers. If the phone is paired to the speakers, and the XT is paired with the phone, then audio directions will only come from the XT speaker.

I just can't seem to figure out how to pair the XT and the speakers, when it says it can be paired with "headsets"...

Can someone educate me a bit on this?

Thank you for the time!
Hati
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
Australia

Re: Pairing JBL Cruise to XT

Post by Hati »

BT devices use "profiles" to connect to one another. Many devices are capable of multiple profiles, the XT is one of those.

To me it sounds like your speakers use a profile the XT is not happy with for headset pairing. Assuming you managed to put the speakers and the XT in pairing mode at the same time and the XT did not see the speakers.

You could try doing some internet digging to see if your speakers can be forced to use a profile the XT expects, or, at the very least, work out what profile the speakers use to maybe try and pair as something else with the XT.

I believe there are riders here who successfully connected the XT to a BT dongle that connects to other devices via cables. If I remember this correctly, you may be able to do that and connect the dongle to your bike via and audio cable if that option is available on your HD.
Mediathug
United States of America

Re: Pairing JBL Cruise to XT

Post by Mediathug »

Hey thank you very much! I'll try again doing a direct pair to the speakers, cutting my phone out of the loop completely , then I can use an SD card in the XT for music. I don't need to texts and phone calls whilst riding.

Got my second Covid shot yesterday and it's kicking my arse. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!