Zumo XT Motorcycle Mount

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Kermit The Frog
Great Britain

Zumo XT Motorcycle Mount

Post by Kermit The Frog »

Does the Motorcycle mount have a usb connection?
I'm getting one delivered on Friday, and I already have a 12v Socket installed on my motorbike, so it will be a lot easier just to plug the "cigarette lighter" in to the mount then to fiddle around with the car mount.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo XT Motorcycle Mount

Post by Stu »

No it doesn't

Although you could easily wire power lead to whatever you need to to get it working
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Kermit The Frog wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:45 pm Does the Motorcycle mount have a usb connection?
I'm getting one delivered on Friday, and I already have a 12v Socket installed on my motorbike, so it will be a lot easier just to plug the "cigarette lighter" in to the mount then to fiddle around with the car mount.
The MC mount just has 2 wires, red & black, as 'Stu' says put whatever termination or plug you need on the lead.
Kermit The Frog
Great Britain

Well I'm using the cigarette lighter connection plugged into the usb on the xt, but I wish they had put a usb connector on the cradle
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

I think they avoid a USB on motorcycle mounts as they attract dirt/moisture & have vibration issues. Hence most mounts are hard wired & encapsulated.
me29
United States of America

Post by me29 »

Kermit The Frog wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:42 am Well I'm using the cigarette lighter connection plugged into the usb on the xt, but I wish they had put a usb connector on the cradle
Have you had any problems with the vibration connecting with the USB cable to unit to charge while riding?
Kermit The Frog
Great Britain

Only had it on for the first time this morning (Amazon were being really stupid delivering it), but I had no problems this morning. We'll see how it goes tonight