Base Camp and Google Earth - again

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
paynes1
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Base Camp and Google Earth - again

Post by paynes1 »

As I understand it, you need GE version 7.3 + to get street view to work but that does not work with Base Camp 4.6.2.....
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

I'm using 7.1.8.3036 (32-bit) which is GE pro, but just checked and no longer street view :twisted:

Will have to do some experimentation.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

OK, can't at the moment find any earlier version of GE that has street view and works with BaseCamp. Work around is to export BaseCamp data as a kml file and then import it into GE. Bit of a pain but it works.
paynes1
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by paynes1 »

Hi sussamb

Still using BaseCamp 4.6.2 as you suggested before and it still does the job linking with GE 7.1.8.3036 . Like you I use this to look at detailed locations on my route, but at the moment can only zoom in so far then no further.

To get detailed view of a point I select point in BaseCamp then select view/Google Earth/selected items. When GE opens I select File/view in Google Maps. When this opens in my browser I drag the man to the point and get street view. Long winded but at least a means of getting a detailed view.
I wasn't able to find an early version of GE that works with BaseCamp other than the one we use either.

Steve P