help, how to see Fuel up ahead on route ??

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
JS_racer
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

help, how to see Fuel up ahead on route ??

Post by JS_racer »

Say, trying to get a handle on finding fuel on a route/track, roads i have planned to travel, lol
OK, say my tomtom lets me see up ahead, 20 miles, 30 miles whatever along the route, it tells me there is fuel.
the XT seems to have a lot of options for selecting what/where to search for fuel. looking for tips on how and what works best.

say for example, i want to see along the way, where the stations are along my route, 20 miles, 50 miles, vs 10 miles out of the way for fuel. sure hope that makes sense. planning on dragging some people around and i need to keep a handle on their shorter fuel stops. i saw where it said along my route, then had roads and distances, but i don't have any idea what the road names are in the route far from home i'm using.
Still relatively new to the XT, and this is my first Garmin.

any tips or ideas for how to use this better, sure would be great!! thanks so very much for your time.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: help, how to see Fuel up ahead on route ??

Post by simoncrewe »

If you go into the 'up ahead' section you can customise 3 categories to display on the map that show up whilst you are driving a route.
xedysx1986
Poland

Post by xedysx1986 »

I like the solution in tomtom, garmin shows gas stations but does not show the distance, only the icons very close distance. navigation does not search for gas stations only along the designated route, also the closest, which I do not like. As soon as the tomtom comes out in a normal housing, not like a brick and with such a good display as zumo xt, I change without thinking.
xedysx1986
Poland

Post by xedysx1986 »

They could add a search option only on the designated route and the distance to the closest in the lower right corner where we can choose to display other options.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

If the XT doesn't allow you to search along a route I'm surprised as most On the road devices I've used do allow that. When you do a Where to on the next screen don't you get a box top left saying something like Searching near?

When you tap that the top one is normally My active route ...

(Edit, just read the manual, see page 9, you can search along an active route on the XT, perhaps you just need to read your manual ;) )

You can also on other devices change the list of, for example, petrol stations in the Up ahead tab where distances are shown to map view so you can see exactly where they are in relation to your position. I don't have a XT so can't check if that behaves the same way.
xedysx1986
Poland

Post by xedysx1986 »

Sorry my fault, we have such an option, instead of half the screen, they could only enter the distance and the icon without a name and add the distance to the camera as it is in tomtom.

sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Well that's your view, I like it as it is :D

You could try making that suggestion to Garmin here https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

If Garmin get enough folks suggesting the same they normally take action.
nehpetsthegrey
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by nehpetsthegrey »

as simon says. in map layers there is an option called up ahead places. you are allowed 3 customisable fields. you need to cancel one and replace it with petrol stations. then the map shows all the petrol stations nearbye. Its a bit of a faff but is do-able. you can also move fuel stations to the top of the where to screen as an option. Enjoy :lol: