Anyone use a Cardo Intercom with their Zumo?

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Rip
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Anyone use a Cardo Intercom with their Zumo?

Post by Rip »

giuseppe66 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:09 pm Cardo will reply to you that IT'S NOT CARDO PROBLEM, IT'S ZUMO PROBLEM..hehehehehe. It's little right because with TomTom there are not these problems (but i don't like Tomtom). In my biker life i had used always Cardo, (i test them also for big shop near me) and for my travel around Europe, middle Est and nord Africa i use Garmin (for many reason i prefer than Tomtom) but i've also a wife ( :| ) and she like speak (not much fortunately) during travel so it's was a problem with Cardo and Zumo so i've looking for a solution also if someone has say me change wife. I've two bikes, 1 it's supersport without Zumo and other is a sport tourer with Zumo so i've buy Midland BTX2 Pro S for use with Zumo on my travel and Freecom 4 + JBL with other helmets for Ninja Kawasaki...When Cardo make a real solution (i test in shop with my Zumo) i will re-buy Cardo but now, if i want use Zumo, Midland it's only the solution. DMC mode it's the same..
:lol:
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

[mention]giuseppe66[/mention] what makes the midland different to the packtalk in that it will work with the zumo ?
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

btw, this is a Zumo 590/595 thread, but the Packtalk shows exactly the same problem using the Zumo XT
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Post by Iris »

I’m sorry, but what is “Midland”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

A brand of Motorcycle intercom, like "Cardo".
giuseppe66
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Italy

Post by giuseppe66 »

Stu wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:54 pm @giuseppe66 what makes the midland different to the packtalk in that it will work with the zumo ?

Only 1 different. When you are on intercom with passenger and Zumo give you messages (route or velox or mp3 music or other sound), with Cardo any sound from Zumo STOP intercom and when Zumo finish, restart intercom. With Midland, when you are on intercom with passenger and Zumo give you message, volume is 50% background so your intercom in not closed and background you can hear Zumo sound. When you are in a city and you have a route in your Zumo, with Cardo, is not possible open a conversation because always stop and restart, stop and restart...with Midland your conversation do not stop and you hear also route from Zumo in backgroud (volume standard is 50% but you can set from pc or mobile app). For now with Cardo and Zumo is not possible because Cardo use only 1 bluethoot chip. Midland use 2 bluethoot chip so is possible sound mixage. Midlandeurope.com I like Cardo but for now there is this bug so I bought midland btx2 Pro S otherwise I was forced to divorce .. it was the cheapest choice ...
giuseppe66
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Italy

Post by giuseppe66 »

Iris wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 pm I’m sorry, but what is “Midland”?
Midlandeurope.com

Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

Cardo is very annoying because their app states that it WILL do Bluetooth mixing if you set it to enabled in the app, but for some reason it just does not work.
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Post by Iris »

giuseppe66 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:17 pm
Iris wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 pm I’m sorry, but what is “Midland”?
Midlandeurope.com
Thanks! I tried to google it but could only find handheld two way radios.
Now I will surely find it!

Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »