Nav commands not going thought Bluetooth

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Toronto Paul
Has liked: 1 time
Canada

Nav commands not going thought Bluetooth

Post by Toronto Paul »

Hey folks,

I just installed my shiny new ZumoXT and am having a little Bluetooth trouble.

I'm using a TaoTronics TT-BA07 bluetooth receiver (https://www.taotronics.com/products/tt- ... r-receiver) so I can use my small, wired earbuds under my helmet. I have my Android phone connected to the Zumo and the TT-BA07 connected to the Zumo like this:

Samsung S20 --> Zumo XT <-- TT-BA07

I can hear music/podcasts from my phone and can play/pause/skip using the Zumo controls. Playback volume is via the MEDIA VOLUME slider, the MASTER VOLUME slider has no effect.

The problem is that the voice directions are not coming through the Bluetooth dongle, instead they are only playing through the speaker in the back of the unit.

Any suggestions on how to fix this one? Should the Bluetooth dongle be paired to the phone?

Much thanks,
1998 BMW R1200C - Zumo XT
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Nav commands not going thought Bluetooth

Post by simoncrewe »

I would pair the dongle to the XT as a 'headset' - you also need to ensure the XT is in 'motorcycle' mode when on the bike.
Toronto Paul
Canada

Post by Toronto Paul »

Thanks Simon. What is the procedure to pair as a headset?
simoncrewe
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Toronto Paul wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:21 pm Thanks Simon. What is the procedure to pair as a headset?
Page 13 owners manual, just like pairing a phone or other bluetooth item. Post up if it works!
Toronto Paul
Canada

Post by Toronto Paul »

Oh ok. I wasn’t sure if there was a procedure to pair headset differently than any other Bluetooth device.

I’ve tried reconnecting the TT-BA07 twice now. Once by deleting it then reconnecting via the WIRELESS NETWORKS page and the second time I did a full reset of the XT and reconnected the TT-BA07 through the initial setup. No luck either way. Media playback from my Android phone plays through the Dongle but NAV directions are only going through the speaker on the back.

I guess two questions now,

1) any way to get the XT to understand the TT-BA07 is a headset?
2) are there any Bluetooth dongles that anyone can suggest that the XT will see as a headset so I can use the small, wired earbuds I prefer?

Thanks in advance,
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

I wonder, is your XT in motorcycle or in car mode?
Can you post a screen shot of bt connection page?
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
ray6576
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by ray6576 »

It maybe that the doggle you are using is not compatible with the XT.
Toronto Paul
Canada

Post by Toronto Paul »

I'm not near my GPS now but it is in motorcycle mode (the little motorcycle icon at the top/center).

I've ordered a couple bluetooth earbuds from Amazon that would have a neck wrap (the bluetooth receiver and battery in a separate module that rests on your neck so only small wired earbuds go in your helmet) and they will arrive this week.

I'm guessing there is some sort of identifier that is in the bluetooth handshake that lets all devices know what they're connected to (ie, mouse, keyboard, headset). This dongle may not be identifying as a headset.

I'll update this thread with what I find out.
Toronto Paul
Canada

Post by Toronto Paul »

SUCCESS!

I ordered Sony WI-XB400 and an Audio Technica ATH-ANC100BT bluetooth headphones. Both are the type connected by a cable so the bulky part of the bluetooth receiver hangs around your neck leaving only small, wired earbuds to go under your helmet.

The Sony's arrived today and Instant success! The XT sees the headphones as a headset (little headset icon on the bluetooth screen) so NAV voice commands and podcasts from my phone are properly going though the headset.

Thanks for the help everyone.
simoncrewe
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Glad you got it sorted, keep an eye on the forum if you need to help anyone with a similar problem. Its always good to no what little addons actually work with the XT.