Zumo 396

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
yebogogo64
Canada

Zumo 396

Post by yebogogo64 »

I set up my route using my route app and then export it to the zumo. Every waypoint it read out was sort of correct but it always said California, when I live in Ontario. Is it confused with what ca means? Is it related to the recent hack?
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 396

Post by sussamb »

Need a bit more info from you. What route app are you using? How did you set up your route? What do you mean by it always read out California?

Whatever issue you have isn't connected to the current Garmin situation.
yebogogo64
Canada

Post by yebogogo64 »

I use the app called myrouteapp.com. This is a European (Swedish) mapping software for creating routes. It is as easy as dropping waypoints on to the map and simply exporting to your device. When the route is loaded into the unit and imported and begin my journey. It reads the location of the waypoint correctly, but ends off by saying California, which is obviously incorrect as I'm in Canada Ontario. This happens on every single waypoint on the route. My question is, is the unit confused with the term "CA" as meaning California instead of reading it as a country code which is Canada?
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

No idea. You'd need to look at the gpx file created by myrouteapp to see what it says. I can't see why your device would announce anything different to what is in the gpx file