Locking device for the XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
wingrider.steve
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: Locking device for the XT

Post by wingrider.steve »

After waiting six weeks for my Zumolock and two unanswered e-mails I finally lost patience and am getting a refund.
RaYzerman
Canada

Post by RaYzerman »

I don't have an XT, but the mount is very similar to the 390 series, just rotated 90 degrees. One MUST ensure they are locked into the cradle..... so this morning I go for a bike ride and found the 396 in the ditch 1 km from home. Minor rash on the back, the front was protected by a foamy sunshade so the front was pristine. Unit is totally inop, looks good inside, battery fully charged, will not power up at all.
Lesson learned, don't trust those cradles. I see a Touratech mount in my future.
PeterLG
Great Britain

Post by PeterLG »

My zumolock arrived yesterday only 6 days after ordering.

My initial thoughts are that is is very light weight and the lock looks rather simple and weak.
I had hoped for something that might have helped to hold the XT in place if I had not fitted it in the mount correctly.

Anti theft was an issue, buy also holding the XT in place whilst traveling was another.
If I could return the Zumolock I think I would and then buy the Touratech device.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

PeterLG wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am My zumolock arrived yesterday only 6 days after ordering.

My initial thoughts are that is is very light weight and the lock looks rather simple and weak.
I had hoped for something that might have helped to hold the XT in place if I had not fitted it in the mount correctly.

Anti theft was an issue, buy also holding the XT in place whilst traveling was another.
If I could return the Zumolock I think I would and then buy the Touratech device.
The Touratech unit is now on back order with a delivery date of the end of August, I spoke to them a couple of days ago. I am certainly not a fan of Touratech gear, but at £108 for their unit versus euro 84 for the Zumo lock, I think that looks like reasonable value. Not only does it lock the GPS but adds additional security to the sketchy XT mount.
Needless to say I have one on order.
groundhog719
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

groundhog719 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:43 am I asked WayPoint to request a search from PostNL (shipper) 3 times now in the last 2 weeks. They (politely) refused the first 2 times. Now, at 4 weeks and 3 requests I finally got them to request a search from PostNL. However, evidentially they have not received a response from PostNL, so WayPoint is shipping a new one.

Tracking shows this new one is not expected for 5 days or more.

I really wanted some protection for my new Zumo XT while traveling. Guess not.
Got the first one shipped after 32 days. It has been 21 days and the second one has not arrived yet (they want me to refuse delivery of that one when it does arrive).
Zumek
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
Poland

Post by Zumek »

simoncrewe wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:32 pmNot only does it lock the GPS but adds additional security to the sketchy XT mount.
Needless to say I have one on order.
I did extensive test of Garmin Zumo XT original mount during three days very bumpy road and off road track. Nothing brake, unit holds great. I would like to see what roads you have to ride to make unit flying:)
Jefro
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by Jefro »

groundhog719 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:17 am The WaayPoint Zumo Lock has been "Sent to the country of destination" for 3 weeks now.
Bummed to see that others have waited months. I have a long trip planned and really want the GPS to be secured.
I'll quit whining now and suck it up! ;)
I finally got my Zumolock today in California.
US Customs had my ZumoLock sitting in their warehouse for 3 months.
I filed a complaint on the help.cbp.gov site, then they immediately found and released my package to be delivered by the US Post Office.
ZumoLock shipped out my package within a week, but the US Customs and the China Virus caused the very long delay.

The XT ZumoLock is quality made, compact, and easy to install. Very happy with it.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/complaints?language=en_US
fortizgarcia
Been liked: 6 times

Post by fortizgarcia »

Yesterday I received an email from Touratech and my XT lock has been dispatched, I should receive it tomorrow or after tomorrow, I will attach a few pictures just in case that anyone is interested in get it.
Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-G973F mediante Tapatalk

simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

fortizgarcia wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:03 am Yesterday I received an email from Touratech and my XT lock has been dispatched, I should receive it tomorrow or after tomorrow, I will attach a few pictures just in case that anyone is interested in get it.
Regards

Do you mind me asking where you got your unit from? Touratech UK seem to be on a permanent backorder, with no firm delivery date.

Regards.
fortizgarcia
Been liked: 6 times

Post by fortizgarcia »

I was in a waiting list even before that it was available on backorder. When I saw it in the catalogue in Touratech website I ordered and paid it, maybe 4 or 5 weeks ago. I was informed that order were going to be sent on the last of August, but look like that they started to send them.