Anyone use a Cardo Intercom with their Zumo?

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
giuseppe66
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Italy

Re: Anyone use a Cardo Intercom with their Zumo?

Post by giuseppe66 »

It's a Cardo interphone problem. I've Cardo and Midland and with Midland there is NOT this problem because Midland use 2 bluethoot chip. 1 for Zumo and 1 for interphone so it's possible hear Zumo and your passenger at same moment with differents levels that you can choise. I've already write to Cardo in Israel and they write me that there is not solution so i've buy Midland BTX2 Pro HiFi and solve
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

the Cardo can mix music and intercom just fine as it too has two independent BT-channels. So my guess is that this can be solved with software..
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
Rip
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

Strange thing is I never had this problem with my Cardo when paired to a TomTom Sat-Nav?!
mzeist
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

some say this has to do with the order of paring. maybe that's why.
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

mzeist wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:31 pm some say this has to do with the order of paring. maybe that's why.
Any idea which is the best way to pair?
mzeist
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

Not yet 🌝
Groet, Marcel.
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

mzeist wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:31 pm some say this has to do with the order of paring. maybe that's why.
What do you mean by order of pairing? My Cardo is in mesh mode so just auto pairs when i get near the riding group so I can't control when that pairs. I pair my phone and my Cardo to my Zumo before setting out then the Cardo just joins the mesh group when it's in range.
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

Found this on another forum so it sounds like it could just be an issue with the Cardo that we can't really do anything about.

Users started to call that being zumo'ed, but it really has nothing to do with the gps, it's the mono audio with microphone handsfree profile (HFP) that is having a higher priority than intercom.

The headset needs audio multiplexing and to be paired with a GPS pairing mode (still HFP) but that has lower priority than intercom.

Sena 20s and later models have been doing that for at least 5 years.
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

There may actually be some hope here in the release notes of the Cardo's latest firmware update:

https://www.cardosystems.com/packtalk-b ... ase-notes/

I'm updating mine now and will be in a group ride tomorrow so I should be able to test it.

I've enabled 'Bluetooth Audio Mixing' in the Cardo app so that sounds promising but under the 'Audio Priority' setting you get two options which are:

Intercom: Intercom calls can interupt active music and GPS instruction. Music and GPS instructions are not available during an active intercom call.

Audio Sources: Music and GPS instructions can interrupt active intercom calls. Intercom will be resumed at the end of the GPS instruction, Intercom calls are not available during active music or GPS instructions.

I'm hoping their wording is just a little bit strange there and that when they say 'active intercom calls' they just mean 'when someone is speaking'.
Last edited by Rip on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Rip wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:55 am There may actually be some hope here in the release notes of the Cardo's latest firmware update:

https://www.cardosystems.com/packtalk-b ... ase-notes/

I'm updating mine now and will be in a group ride tomorrow so I should be able to test it.
I am running 5.7 and I believe its still the same