Hooking up a Zumo XT to a Can Am Spyder

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
azone14
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Bangladesh

Hooking up a Zumo XT to a Can Am Spyder

Post by azone14 »

The audio on the new Can Am Spyders is Bluetooth and there is no audio input. Has anyone hooked up a Zumo to the new 2019 Spyders yet? It will hookup via Bluetooth but you cannot get any sound thru the speakers. It connects but does not go thru the Can Am speakers.There is no longer a hard wire or Aux in to connect to the speakers. The phone works fine with BRP Connect but the Zumo will not give you turn by turn directions thru the speakers.
JS_racer
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Re: Hooking up a Zumo XT to a Can Am Spyder

Post by JS_racer »

does a can am forum have any information for hooking a phone and gps ??
sorry, i cant be more help, i have never played with 1 or looked into them.
Ray N.
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by Ray N. »

I don't have a Spyder, but my Goldwing is Bluetooth only. I have the bike connected to Bluetooth helmet speakers and the Zumo XT is also connected to my helmet speakers. I can be listening music and GPS instructions will mute the music and allow me to hear GPS voice.

I don't know if that helps, but I hope you get your problem solved.
2021 Goldwing DCT Tour - Zumo XT
ray6576
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by ray6576 »

Try the following site: www.spyderlovers.com
azone14
Been liked: 1 time
Bangladesh

Post by azone14 »

Thank You all. Spyderlovers.com is a great place to start.
I am new to this forum but the old forum I was very active for over 5 years with over 3000 post but after it went down I had a heart attack and my riding stopped till just recently. I am back but no more heavy bikes.72 years young and hope to converse with many of you in the future.
gcoyne9825
United States of America

Post by gcoyne9825 »

I was facing the same problem, unable to connect the ZUMO XT to BRP Connect via bluetooth. ZUMO sees BRP Connect, but when trying to pair it simply flashes the pair key and then reports unable to connect. There are times when out on the highway I like to listen to music via the speakers on the Spyder. I opted to load up a bunch of MP3's for the ZUMO, but had to buy a bluetooth device for the ZUMO to connect to and then use the audio out of the bluetooth device to the audio (AUX) input for BRP Connect. The first bluetooth device I bought required me to open the frunk and turn the device on all the time. I did not like that. Plus it had latency issues from time to time. I'm now using a device with a positive 'On or Off' and so when I turn the Spyder on it comes on as well and automatically pairs with BRP Connect. It's the B06 Plus Wireless Audio adapter available on Amazon.