Vias in routes are ignored

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Mr Otford
Great Britain

Vias in routes are ignored

Post by Mr Otford »

Evening All and thank goodness that the good work of the Zumoforums is being continued.

My first question in the new forum concerns creating routes where vias are used only to influence the route rather than as definite destinations - something my 550 handled superbly. Unfortunately, entering a via from the history generates this message: "Selecting a city willstop at the city centre. Route without stopping instead. Y/N" My expectation is that a Y will calculate a route arond the chosen city rather than into the centre but what happens is that the waypoint is ignored entirely. The only solution seems to be to answer 'N' and then remembering to modify the route by skipping the next waypoint when approaching the city. Is that correct?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Re: Vias in routes are ignored

Post by sussamb »

Not sure why you're choosing cities if you don't want to go to them, why not choose some other location?
Mr Otford
Great Britain

Re: Vias in routes are ignored

Post by Mr Otford »

Chosing cities because (a) they are easier to identify than roads or road junctions (particularly because the 595 does not permit Chosing locations from the map when creating an initial route and (b) the 550 would route around cities when the "don't go to the centre" option was selected. And it's an option offered by the 595 routing.

So, do you know why the 595 routing behaves in the way it does?