Transfer XT maps to BaseCamp Mac

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
adm

Transfer XT maps to BaseCamp Mac

Post by adm »

First post, and probably already asked....but....just got a new XT and want to transfer the maps to BaseCamp on my Mac (MacBook Pro, 2018, high spec).

I can connect the XT to the Mac - and Garmin Express sea it just fine. It's all up to date.

I can see the "Map Options" link under th map names, but when I click it, absolutely nothing happens. I understand you need to do this to copy the maps on the XT to the Mac.

Any ideas?
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Transfer XT maps to BaseCamp Mac

Post by sussamb »

You don't really copy maps. Express gives you the option to install the map to your Mac for BaseCamp to use. However it cannot do that until you've updated the maps on your device at least once. Have you done that yet?
adm

Post by adm »

I certainly have. It was the first thing I did. Updated the maps and OS over wifi (luckily I have very fast internet), then plugger the device in, at which point express wanted to update as well. So Iet it do that and now both the device and Express show as fully updated.

The "map options" button didn't even show until the updates were done, but even now it just does nothing when I click on it. No pop up or anything....
adm

Post by adm »

Problem solved! Almost.

I figured it out in the end. In the Express main screen, I ended to click on the "map details" button underneath the software rev number. That then took me to the "Map Details" tab, and there's another "Options" button underneath each map name which allows me to "Install Map to Computer".

So now I have the "City Navigator Europe NTU 2020.3" map downloaded and available in Basecamp offline.

But I don't seem to have the same option to download the "Powersports" map in the same way. I don't know whether that should be available without the device connected or not, but no big deal.

Mainly sorted.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Mine is the same, you can only have City Navigator on the PC & not the topo map, that comes via the XT itself.