Can you hardwire audio on XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Wingstyle
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
United States of America

Can you hardwire audio on XT

Post by Wingstyle »

I have a Goldwing and need to know if anyone knows a way to get the XT audio connected to the Goldwing audio system. Older Zumo's had audio out on thier cables that could be easily wired into the Goldwing system. The XT seems to only have bluetooth. This is great for the phone or if you have BT headsets, but not for hard wiring.

Secondary question. Does anyone know the pin-out of all the contacts on the back of the XT? The mounting cable only has two for power. What are the other contacts for?
TripleThreat719
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Re: Can you hardwire audio on XT

Post by TripleThreat719 »

XT is Bluetooth only... No option to hardwire anything to it except power.

I would imagine that you could get a bluetooth receiver that you could hardwire to the Goldwing audio system and then pair the XT with that receiver.

Here's one that plugs inline to the existing Goldwing Audio system for fairly cheap:

https://electricalconnection.com/index. ... tooth-aux/

Currently, those other pins are not used by the existing power cable. They could be there to integrate with other mounts for OEM specific applications like BMW mounts that would enable the hardwiring you asked about, but nothing out there on that, that I am aware of yet.
pcdabbler
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by pcdabbler »

Thers somehing a little off in the Zumo XT cradle connections .. Look at the back of the unit. There's more than the two pin connections needed for power isn't there ? Its just that currently there is only one lead, power only. Garmin, where is the lead for audio out and power in ?
Wingstyle
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
United States of America

Post by Wingstyle »

Thanks TripleThreat719.

pcdabber, The cable has two contacts for power but the unit has 5 contacts. That is what I was asking about. What are the other 3 contacts for. TripleThreat719 had good thoughts about what they could be used for, but it would be nice to know definitly what they are. And it would be really nice if it were for audio out/in.