BirdsEye not working

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
lehug
Been liked: 3 times
France

Re: BirdsEye not working

Post by lehug »

Hey guys !

French guy here (XT ordered from UK though). I recieved mine some days ago... same problem =(

Garmin support is fully down in france due to covid... chat and callcenter not reachable...send an email they say
Very happy with my 500€ so far :roll:

Can't garmin just send a subscription code or something ?
fortizgarcia
Been liked: 6 times

Post by fortizgarcia »

Finally, I have good news, I didn't receive any answer from Garmin support team, but I saw that my BirdsEye is now active, so, it should be an issue in the Garmin servers.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973F mediante Tapatalk
firstpeke
Great Britain

Post by firstpeke »

Why does this not surprise me days after sending my "faulty" unit back.....

It felt a to me a bit like a flag was not set on the registration process to give the unit access to the Birdseye account..... hence no access to credit on the server.
Somebody finally had a look and ticked a checkbox in AD and boom you are up and running.....

We shall see.

Mutters quietly to himself...... :roll:
fortizgarcia
Been liked: 6 times

Post by fortizgarcia »

Just another question. Now birdseye is working, but I can see that my subscription is for 1 year only, is that right? I thought that the subscription was linked to the device for its lifetime, no only for a year. Furthermore, I only can download that map showed in the picture (subscription V2), if I try with another type of maps, I found that I have no credit. Is that right, as well? Or do I still have any issues with my subscription?
Regards from Cambridge, UK.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

BirdsEye subscriptions normally are for a year, if yours is meant to be lifetime then I suspect it will simply renew annually.

What other options are there to download as BirdsEye comes in different forms, the main one is the one that you're showing and I doubt you will be given access to all the others.
lehug
Been liked: 3 times
France

Post by lehug »

fortizgarcia wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm Finally, I have good news, I didn't receive any answer from Garmin support team, but I saw that my BirdsEye is now active, so, it should be an issue in the Garmin servers.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973F mediante Tapatalk
Same here !
Working fine now.

Most likely a server side issue (Serial Number activation or something like that)
donws
United States of America

Post by donws »

Same issue here. I received my new XT in the US yesterday (direct from Garmin web store), updated software/maps, configured the device, and registered it via Garmin Express / USB. The device appears to be properly registered to my Garmin account and is working fine aside from a failure to download Birdseye imagery -- Unable to contact severs. No active subscription found.

I contacted Garmin support via chat and the support person indicated possible problems with Garmin Express related to the recent site-wide outages. I'll give it a week to see if the problem resolves itself. If not perhaps I'll try to de-register and then re-register the device to my account via Garmin Express.
donws
United States of America

Post by donws »

I just tried BirdsEye imagery download again today and it is now working fine. The server access issue and/or delay in subscription activation must have been related to the recent Garmin outage.