MAC AND MP3 FILES ON ZUMO XT?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
paulbusdriver
Has liked: 1 time

MAC AND MP3 FILES ON ZUMO XT?

Post by paulbusdriver »

Hello.New to forum.Trying to get mp3 files onto sd card for my new zumo xt using apple mac. I plug it in and the Garmin Drive is not shown on the desktop and neither in finder. Is there a simple way of getting mp3 file onto the xt using just my mac and usb 2 ports!(High Sierra 10.13.6) Do i have to invest in 3rd party software to do it. Any help appreciated. Oh i can play music via bluetooth and my iPhone 11 no problem but i would like to put music on the sd card. thanks in advance. Thouht this would be very simple to do. Now learning about basecamp!
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 356 times
Great Britain

Re: MAC AND MP3 FILES ON ZUMO XT?

Post by sussamb »

You might like to work through this https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/ as it's one of the best guides around to BaseCamp
iankim
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by iankim »

You could try Android File transfer. Details here https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=n ... tab=topics
paulbusdriver
Has liked: 1 time

Post by paulbusdriver »

I Managed To work it out.

Download android transfer file(free download)
Make sure base camp and garmin express closed
Plug zumo xt into apple computer ( it will not show on the desktop )
Double click the android transfer file from the bottom of the screen(tool bar?)
This then opens up the various files in the zumo, you will see one called mp3. The internal memory is on the left .if you have your SD card in the zumo xt it will show another section on the right side, titled external memory.
Copy all your mp3 files from your desk top folder and drop them into a new folder you need to create called MP3 on the right side , ie external,memory.

That’s it job done.

You could just drop the music files etc onto the internal memory side under the title MP3, but you may need the space for other maps etc.

Unplug the device and go into the zumo and select MP3 as your source and it then takes the music from the MP3 side , on the external memory.

Alas it looks like once you have loaded your music this way you then have to create your own playlists.
Yes I will more than likely use my phone playlists etc as the source device BUT just wanted to have some music on the zumo just in case the phone dies etc .

Ride safe ( when lockdown ends!)
😆