Loss of 595 active phone call panel

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
OldRS
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Loss of 595 active phone call panel

Post by OldRS »

I can initiate calls from my 595 but all further control is routed to the phone. Also the phone "app" panel has gained a voice dial function. This situation persists whether I pair the 595 with a "dumb" headset or with a Packtalk Edge. This was not the case prior to pairing the 595 with the Edge and I wonder if doing so has broken something.

The wrench tool follwed by phone from the naviagtion screen only offers the opportunity to call one of the last four numbers

Pics attached which may explain the situation. Apologies for poor orientation - that wasn't my doing.
"595 phone app" shows the app as it now appears. "595 phone screen" shows how I would expect the active control panel to appear on the navigation screen and "595 nav" what I actually see on the navigation screen.

I'm wondering if a factory reset of the 595 might be beneficial.

Cheekily wondering if @jfheath knows the solution/cause.
Attachments
595 nav.jpg
595 nav.jpg (568.66 KiB) Viewed 157 times
595 phone screen.JPG
595 phone screen.JPG (16.39 KiB) Viewed 157 times
595 phone app.jpg
595 phone app.jpg (477.79 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Owner of a, greatly treasured, Zumo 550 and, deeply loathed, Zumo 595.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Re: Loss of 595 active phone call panel

Post by Stu »

Go in to the bluetooth settings on your phone and turn off calls for the headset

The zumo and the headset will be fighting against each other
OldRS
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by OldRS »

Stu wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:37 pm Go in to the bluetooth settings on your phone and turn off calls for the headset

The zumo and the headset will be fighting against each other
Thanks

Will investigate this but the phone and Edge know nothing about each other and the existing phone settings worked perfectly with the headset prior to the Edge.

Regards

Richard
Owner of a, greatly treasured, Zumo 550 and, deeply loathed, Zumo 595.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Is the edge connected to the phone? If so then it will be routing calls through that
jfheath
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 658 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Odd - I have just answered this question somewhere else.

Phone <==================> Zumo <====== ( paired as second phone ) =================> Headsets
  1. The XT needs a BT connection to the phone
  2. The XT needs a BT connection to the headset - the XT should be paired as a second phone, not as a GPS.
  3. After setting up the headset with the app on the phone, delete / forget / unpair the phone from the headset.
The 595 is taking over all of the phones functions, so when the headset is paired to it, the headset needs to see that the 595 is a phone.
Select 2nd phone option if you have one on the headset. This leaves the first phone channel availabl for when you need to use the app to make setup changes to the headset. Always remember to delete that pairing when you have finished.

---------
When pairing the headset, make sure that the phone is off and you can hear sounds from the 595. Then turn off both headset and Zumo, and restart them again. Make sure the pairing is re-established.
When pairing the phone make sure that it is not connecting to the headset. Destroy that link. You may need to disable BT and break other connections. Once paired, wait for the Zumo to request access to phone book and call log. Say yes to both.

Once set up properly, the 3 items -phone, zumo, headset- should pair without issue once they are turned on. Best to have the cardo turned on before the Zumo, but it doesn't matter a great deal.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC