Taking the step up

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
Leeky
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Taking the step up

Post by Leeky »

Hello All,
I'm about to up grade to Zumo 346LMT-S, used car satnav in waterproof case up to now but want clearer screen and more importantly voice instruction.
I have a limited budget and use bike for day rides now I'm retired. I need to fit a blue tooth headset to link to Zumo, I'm not bothered with music, mobile phone or anything other than satnav instructions. I have seen some simple BT sets on eBay for around £10, also advantage of no bulky unit to mount on helmet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Music-Interc ... 1438.l2649

Please have any members had experience of these or can suggest other budget headset.
Happy New Year.
Thanks
Ivor
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Taking the step up

Post by Stu »

Hi and welcome to the forum

Personally I would look at a decent bluetooth headset! I know people who have bought these cheap ones and have had nothing but trouble!
Leeky
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by Leeky »

Hi Stu,
Thanks for helpful info, I will look at used Sena and Cardo as it will be the point of the upgrade to get voice instruction.
Ivor
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Hi Leeky, welcome.

I use a 346LM, and use a cheap chinese BT headset. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-1200M-Int ... :rk:7:pf:0

Works well enough for me. I link it to my phone, the zumo, and play music, does it all.
Cheap but seems to be ok so far
advnzer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times
New Zealand

Post by advnzer »

tojjer wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:01 pm Hi Leeky, welcome.

I use a 346LM, and use a cheap chinese BT headset. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-1200M-Int ... :rk:7:pf:0

Works well enough for me. I link it to my phone, the zumo, and play music, does it all.
Cheap but seems to be ok so far
do you get spoken instructions from the 346?
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Yes I do. The only problem I found, is I may miss the very first part of them.
So, instead of " At the next roundabout"........ I will sometimes get, " next roundabout"

I think it is down to the headset needing to "wake up" as instructions are not full duplex, such as when it is in intercom mode. In that mode, you can both talk over each other at the same time so it stays awake all the time.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

tojjer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 am Yes I do. The only problem I found, is I may miss the very first part of them.
So, instead of " At the next roundabout"........ I will sometimes get, " next roundabout"

I think it is down to the headset needing to "wake up" as instructions are not full duplex, such as when it is in intercom mode. In that mode, you can both talk over each other at the same time so it stays awake all the time.
Where as I have a scala rider Q3 and I get all instructions mine also has to be waken up!