ZUMO XT2 CONCLUSIONS

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Re: ZUMO XT2 CONCLUSIONS

Post by FrankB »

lkraus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:25 pm I wonder if this little trick would also keep via points from being moved when converted to shaping points on the XT?
That's a good question. But I have little hope. Here's why:

- The trick to not have the route points is performed in Basecamp.
- Via points that are moved after being converted to Shaping, is something that is done by/on the XT.

But you never know until you test it.
jfheath
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 625 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

lkraus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:25 pm
jfheath wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:48 pm If you set your maps in Basecamp to an older verison and recalculate your route.
Then you set them back to the maps that you intend to use, and recalculate the route.

Then send your route the the 590, 595 or XT - the route point names do not get altered by the Zumo.

It would be extremely useful to know whether or not that same trick works with the XT2.
I wonder if this little trick would also keep via points from being moved when converted to shaping points on the XT?
Odd you should say that Larry - I was wondering the same thing - so I tested it earlier today. Unfortunately not.
Yesterday, I also tested whether it was another way to avoid RUT behaviour. No that didn't work either.

But having a workable fix for RUT behaviour and for the renamed route points - the XT is beginning to look reliable !!
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Zumo 590, 595 & Basecamp pdf link
Zumo XT & BC Link

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 114 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

jfheath wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:32 pm But having a workable fix for RUT behaviour and for the renamed route points - the XT is beginning to look reliable !!
After only four years and countless volunteer hours of experimentation...

Thanks, Garmin!