Garmin ZUmo 550 Extra Icons?

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
BrickHead
Great Britain

Garmin ZUmo 550 Extra Icons?

Post by BrickHead »

Have rebuilt my Zumo 550 recently and uploaded the Garmin speed camera free 30 day trial and noticed it only pops up when close to the box by the road on one side only. If you approach the speed camera from the front the red icon pops up but if you drive the other way with it behind you on the other side of the road nothing shows on the Zumo? This is in the UK by the way.
Also having used a Garmin 61LMT-S in my van all the speed limits and other icons show on the screen as you ride along. Can you load up the old Zumo 550 with these extras or is it limited to the basics being around 10 years old? Don't know how much was originally loaded up on my GPS due to formatting the unit by mistake.

BrickHead
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Re: Garmin ZUmo 550 Extra Icons?

Post by Sleuth »

Hi,

The Garmin speed camera warnings only trigger if you are in danger of being tagged. i.e. you are approaching from the side of the camera which will register your speed and take appropriate action. Any other time it will ignore them. Most of the other Camera warnings trigger as you approach them irrespective if you are in "danger" or not.

Regarding the speed limits being listed, this is more due to your map, and the information it contains than the device itself. I cannot say for sure if the 550 displayed speed limits and to what extent - I had a Navigator IV.

I am sure other, more wiser heads, will correct any inaccuracies I have said.

Best regards
Sleuth
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)
BrickHead
Great Britain

Re: Garmin ZUmo 550 Extra Icons?

Post by BrickHead »

Thanks Sleuth

Will have a dig around now it is back on my BMW R1200RT and seems to be up and running again with the dreaded mobile camera red message chiming away for mile after mile at the top of the screen.