Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Ace285
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

XT / Basecamp mismatched map versions

Post by Ace285 »

Newbie here. Apologies in advance.
My XT has CN North America NT 2024.10 ALL US and my Basecamp has 2023.2.
When I send routes from basecamp to XT I get the warning "Routes sent to XT were recalculated because they were created on a map that is not installed on the device".
I have had a few routes land on XT quite corrupted (weird turns, mysterious waypoints, etc)
I have connected Zumo with Garmin express and updated/checked for updates.
Thank you-
Al near Seattle
sussamb
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 360 times
Great Britain

Re: XT / Basecamp mismatched map versions

Post by sussamb »

Use Express and update the map on your PC
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

I get this from time to time. I check both maps and they are the same version. Just another example of how there are so many more bugs these days in the whole Zumo to PC connection for updates and compatibility.
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
Ace285
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by Ace285 »

sussamb wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:42 am Use Express and update the map on your PC
Thank you. I now have them updated and matched....
jfheath
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 632 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

JohnnyRidesAlone wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:20 am I get this from time to time. I check both maps and they are the same version. Just another example of how there are so many more bugs these days in the whole Zumo to PC connection for updates and compatibility.
Hi, welcome to the forum.

It's common to see comments that blame Basecamp or the XT, when often the fault can be user error. There are bugs in Basecamp still, but nothing particularly serious. Just quirky behaviour. And you have to work with BC - as you do with any software - rather than against it. It is a very sophisticated routing program that deserves a lot more credit than it often gets.

The transfer process and software - well that is a different matter. Garmin do seem keen to release an update for one thing, which has often been seen to affect how something else works.

In the situation that you describe, It is possible that you are using a route that was created with your previous map, after updating the maps on both BC and XT. Basecamp can load so may different types and versions of map for different users and applications, that it would not be sensible for it to alert you that the current map and the map used in a route are different.

If you use older routes, then they will need to be recalculated with the new map selected. BC has a filter that allows it to show only routes. You can select all of the routes at once, right click (pc) and choose Recalculate Selected Routes. Then go and do something else for a couple of hours !

Or just remember to recalculate a route before you transfer it. Its not a bad habit to get into.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Zumo 590, 595 & Basecamp pdf link
Zumo XT & BC Link

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.