Planned routes

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Planned routes

Post by tojjer »

I planned a route using MyRouteApp, transferred it the Zumo 346, and converted to trip
The route I planned was a round trip starting and finishing at my house ( or at least right next door )
When I press go to start the directions, it plans a route straight to next door, instead of following my route. I presume it's because it was set at fastest in the settings. I've tried changing all of the settings for navigation, and it still does it.
Any ideas please why it's not following the route as planned, ie: Waypoint 1, then 2, then 3 etc??
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Planned routes

Post by sussamb »

Which start point are you selecting though? In trip planner you need to select the first point on the route you want to go to, so select waypoint 1.
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Post by Sleuth »

Also it depends on how it transfers the route. If it transfer the start and end points then a round trip will direct you right next door.

Round trip routes are usually problematic.

Do you get different routing if you create a route to a point that is away from the origin?
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Well he's indicated he has various waypoints so they should have been sent too, in which case the round route should work provided he selects the first point on the trip.
tojjer
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

sussamb wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm Which start point are you selecting though? In trip planner you need to select the first point on the route you want to go to, so select waypoint 1.

Ahh, I was being dumb then, I always clicked end waypoint, assuming that it would automatically start at waypoint 1 which is my home.
I'm assuming then, when I plan a route, I need to make waypoint 1 somewhere up the road a bit , and then click from the "start" point?

On a seperate note, on a planned route, it also tries to send me a different way to save me "X" amount of miles. I assume that is to do with recalculation settings?
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Yes, pick a point slightly away from your home. As for recalculating, worth checking that any planned route sent to your device ends up as you expected.
tojjer
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Thank you both