First question

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
kernowing
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Re: First question

Post by kernowing »

Pete, you have a PM.
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Best way is to add your waypoints as you have then use shaping points to adjust the route to how you would like it

I always add my start and finish then use shaping points to manipulate the route usually adding a stop along the way
kernowing
Great Britain

Post by kernowing »

Pete, I stuck a few more shaping/waypoints on your route and came up with this:-
Screenshot (20).png
Screenshot (20).png (437.88 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
For simplicity, I just numbered the shaping points (mostly)
Attachments
Screenshot (21).png
Screenshot (21).png (131.66 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
Zumo 660LM
advnzer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times
New Zealand

Post by advnzer »

are you building a route with waypoints?I have done this recently.So you have LIST with your waypoints shown?
route1.jpg
route1.jpg (88.88 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
start drawing your route with the file/new routes with waypoints(have a waypoint selected)
route 2.jpg
route 2.jpg (55.51 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
when you have your route line showing or completed when you double click on it you get a dialog box where you can add waypoints and change the order of the way points to your own logic,not the machines logic.
route3.jpg
route3.jpg (102.22 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
.You can add and move shaping points using the tools at the top
You can see the sequencing here.I have clicked the add a point button and when you have the route open you can see the "logic" as you move your mouse close to the route.That black line appears between a shaping poin(614 Waihaorunga Rd and the next way point (Kurow adv flyer)
route4.jpg
route4.jpg (101.64 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
.You can select the sequence of events not basecamp.I am not sure of the zumos "modes" but if possible you need to be in the same mode in basecamp and the zumo.Once you have sent your route to the zumo the fun begin again as the zumo may recalculate it.I had the most success using"cross country" in basecamp.The other thing is to make sure your avoidances set in basecamp.If you want a route with gravel roads then make sure basecamp is not avoiding gravel roads.Enough shaping points will work too but i am not sure if the zumo has restrictions on the number of points.I would make a seperate route for every day.Send the waypoints to the zumo too then if all else fails you can navigate from where you are to the next waypoint straight on the zumo
advnzer
New Zealand

Post by advnzer »

The other way is to make a "trip" on the zumo itself if it has that function
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Looking at the BaseCamp screenshot try changing the profile from Motorcycle to Car. The Motorcycle default avoidances are many compared to Car and can produce quite strange routes, or edit the default settings in the Motorcycle profile.

Then use the 'rubber band' technique to insert sufficient viapoints so the route goes the way you want.

It's very easy when you know how.
kernowing
Great Britain

Post by kernowing »

sussamb wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 pm Then use the 'rubber band' technique to insert sufficient viapoints so the route goes the way you want.

It's very easy when you know how.
Could you just remind me how to use the rubber band technique please--I've used Alt and click on route but cannot get the rubber band to appear and stay in place??
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
Zumo 660LM
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

First ensure the route is selected so it's highlighted. Then Alt + click and hold, then drag while holding down. Release when the point is where you want it. If you hover the point, but still hold down, you should see the route recalculate to what it would be if you let go.
kernowing
Great Britain

Post by kernowing »

sussamb wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:46 pm First ensure the route is selected so it's highlighted. Then Alt + click and hold, then drag while holding down. Release when the point is where you want it. If you hover the point, but still hold down, you should see the route recalculate to what it would be if you let go.
Thanks, I was clicking and releasing. Copied your instruction to my "Garmin Tips" reminders.
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
Zumo 660LM
advnzer
New Zealand

Post by advnzer »

sussamb wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:46 pm First ensure the route is selected so it's highlighted. Then Alt + click and hold, then drag while holding down. Release when the point is where you want it. If you hover the point, but still hold down, you should see the route recalculate to what it would be if you let go.
i beleive this is the same as inserting a point.I have never had success with this .I belive its because i have a laptop and cant(or dont know how) to do this on a touchpad mouse