Text messages to XT have ceased.

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
kaysadam

Text messages to XT have ceased.

Post by kaysadam »

My Sena 50S and iPhone XR are both connected to my XT, which I've had for a while. Headset and phone are not linked. Up until yesterday, all of the services were functioning as I had expected. My wife texted me, but the XT didn't show it. Without success, I've removed every pairing and tried to repair everything the way I did it initially. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and repairing with the Zumo Garmin Drive App. On either the phone or the XT, I have not altered any of the smart phone settings. Any solutions to this problem would be much appreciated.
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Re: Text messages to XT have ceased.

Post by Richard_R »

Has your phone OS updated in the last few days? It seems to me that Apples latest update has killed a lot of things.
jcp
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jcp »

I also use a Sena 50S and iPhone XR connected to the XT (but not each other). Altho the Sena updated on the last recharge (9-23-22) everything is still working including texts. My phone is using IOS 15.6.1. Yours?
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Post by Richard_R »

jcp wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:39 pm I also use a Sena 50S and iPhone XR connected to the XT (but not each other). Altho the Sena updated on the last recharge (9-23-22) everything is still working including texts. My phone is using IOS 15.6.1. Yours?
The current firmware for the iPhone XR is 16.0. That is the one I was referring to as breaking a lot of things.
jcp
United States of America

Post by jcp »

I see that messages have been revised in 16.0. Have you been through the notification settings for messages to see if a setting was altered or added that needs addressing after the update?
jcp
United States of America

Post by jcp »

Oops....Richard_R..I thought you were the original poster.
jfheath
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 625 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

@kaysadam . Have you made any progress with this ?

This thread is discussing the same issue - so far without a solution, but you may want to tune in

viewtopic.php?t=1949
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Zumo 590, 595 & Basecamp pdf link
Zumo XT & BC Link

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.