Bluetooth Navigation Instructions to BMW Comms system

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Scottnet
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Bluetooth Navigation Instructions to BMW Comms system

Post by Scottnet »

I can’t get the XT to play navigation instructions through Bluetooth. The reason is the Headphone is not connected by Bluetooth. (I have confirmed the navigation instructions come through on the Garmin XT speaker and the music works ok.)

When I first tried to pair this, it asked me for a pin, I used 0000 (that's what I used for my old Cardo system) but this failed. When I tried to pair this again it worked ok , but did not ask for a pin.

The headphone Reconnect pending flashes occasionally, but never connects. I’m sure it’s because it needs a PIN to connect to the headphones, so I need to figure out how to get Garmin XT to re ask for a PIN and when it does what PIN I should use

Two questions
1) Do you know how to get the XT to ask for the PIN when I pair the device. I have done a forget and re pair but it does not ask
2) Do you know what PIN I should use for the BMW system https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/indiv ... ystem.html ?

thanks in advance
Scott
Scottnet
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Bluetooth Navigation Instructions to BMW Comms system

Post by Scottnet »

Update I got it sorted it out. I turned Bluetooth off on my phone , and did a forget and re pair. That worked, I suspect when it was trying to pair my phone may have been connected