Can't connect to the Garmin Servers or Garmin Express

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
doby_mick

Can't connect to the Garmin Servers or Garmin Express

Post by doby_mick »

Hello!
I just received a Zumo XT. All is great except that I can't connect it to Express (I get this error: This device is not compatible with Garmin Express). If I try to update it directly through the Wi-fi network I get the "cannot communicate with the update server" error. It seems that my device can't communicate with the Garmin Servers. It seems like my unit ID is somehow blocked. Is this possible? Can it be fixed? I also wrote to the Customer Support and after lots of enquiries and questions they said that my case was forwared to their US collegues. Unfortunately after 2 week still have no answer from them. Pls help.
Thank you!
fatfeet
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Re: Can't connect to the Garmin Servers or Garmin Express

Post by fatfeet »

I had this problem when I first bought my XT about 8 months ago, I thought great, what a waste of money. What I did was completely uninstall GE and then re-downloaded (is that a word) it, then it worked as it should. This worked for me.✌️ BTW I use a Mac
to achieve, we must first attempt
fatfeet
Great Britain

Post by fatfeet »

it has just occurred to me, after writing in another thread.

when I bought my XT it would not connect to my Mac, I thought to myself, OH bugger now what, but what I did was completely uninstalled GE, quite easy on a Mac, and I downloaded it again from Garmin and then all was well. just another idea, you've got nothing to lose, there's nothing saved in GE.✌️
doby_mick

Post by doby_mick »

Unfortunately it doesn’t work:( I’m still waiting maybe the Customer Support can help me. I just sent them the .xml file
fatfeet
Great Britain

Post by fatfeet »

Unfortunately it doesn’t work:( I’m still waiting maybe the Customer Support can help me. I just sent them the .xml file
@doby_mick have had any luck in remedying this issue ✌️
Egg on Leggs
Ireland

Post by Egg on Leggs »

Have you tried a different cable. I have had great frustration in the past with a cable that would charge from my computer but not pass data.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

There are 2 types of cable, one only charges, one charges AND passes data. Clearly using the right one is important :D