Anyone know what is included in "Basic" and "Most" Traffic Alerts?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 276 times
United States of America

Anyone know what is included in "Basic" and "Most" Traffic Alerts?

Post by Peobody »

I have just found Settings > Traffic > Traffic Alerts. In there are the options "Off", "Basic", and "Most". I can not find what the difference is between "Basic" and "Most". Anyone know?

Edit: I am asking because I am still searching for something that will disable the double-ding alerts. I believe they are triggered by school zones. I had the Traffic Alerts setting set to "Basic" with is defined in the XT as "Severe traffic alerts only". I am wondering if this includes school zones. I hate to set it to off if it doesn't because the alerts about upcoming delays have been somewhat valuable.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Anyone know what is included in "Basic" and "Most" Traffic Alerts?

Post by jfheath »

No. The Uk setting shows Basic as only severe traffic. Most shows minor and severe disruptions.

But that doesn't help much. Since it shows the time delay up ahead, I have mine showing Most, but don't let it recalculate.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
er-minio
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Anyone know what is included in "Basic" and "Most" Traffic Alerts?

Post by er-minio »

Not sure there is any, at least with the last software update.

After disabling something like 30 traffic notifications in 5 miles, I first switched to "most" and then disabled the alerts, but my screen keeps getting overridden by the traffic alert panel.