rbentnail
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 200 times
United States of America

Re: Unable to see route and track together

Post by rbentnail »

jfheath wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:58 pm
rbentnail wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:53 pm

What you say is exactly what I am NOT seeing unless I zoom way in, like 80ft. in. If I zoom out to a normal level the track cannot be seen.

Let me put this another way- when I deviate from the route and the device recalculates, the track line is not there unless I press +,+,+,+,+ to a ridiculously small scale, then I can see it. At a normal scale level the track cannot be seen. I have checked and rechecked- Widest is selected, Show On Map box is ticked. It doesn't matter what color I select, they all behave the same.
Russ - is this resolved ? With normal map themes the route overlays the track. You can just about make out the track peeping out from the side of the route - if you look very carefully, if you have a contrasting colour - and then only sometimes, if you are lucky. If the route deviates then the track becomes very obvious.
Changing the width in the track settings makes very little difference because the width of the track never exceeds the width of the magenta route.

A screen shot of what you are seeing before the route is loaded (ie showing the track), and just after you have started the route might help us to work out an answer for you.
You are in error when you say "becomes quite obvious". Please read carefully my post that you quoted, that's what I see.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
jfheath
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hi Russ.

I did read all of your posts very carefully, to make sure that I hadn't missed anything. I understand what you are saying. I was merely asking whether the problem was resolved, and I briefly described what I see in the same circumstances that you describe. It seems that when we both do the same thing, we both see something different. I posted an example of what I see in the link in the 2nd post of this thread.

But there must be a difference. The only way that I think of that I may be able to help is if I can see what you can see. Those two screen shots that I asked for would help me to help you.

I'm happy to help you to sort this out if you want to get this working. If you are not bothered, please say so, and I'll close the topic.

John

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
rbentnail
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 200 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

jfheath wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:58 pm Russ - is this resolved ? With normal map themes the route overlays the track. You can just about make out the track peeping out from the side of the route - if you look very carefully, if you have a contrasting colour - and then only sometimes, if you are lucky. If the route deviates then the track becomes very obvious.
Changing the width in the track settings makes very little difference because the width of the track never exceeds the width of the magenta route.

A screen shot of what you are seeing before the route is loaded (ie showing the track), and just after you have started the route might help us to work out an answer for you.
Resolved? No, nothing has changed. But I haven't been out & about much to do any more checks or testing. I'm researching how to take and retrieve a screenshot too.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
jfheath
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Both of the screen shots that I mention can be obtained when sitting at home - if the route and track start close enough to appear on the map that is displayed when you are at home.

Screenshot is enabled in the Display menu.
images are saved in the screenshot folder of Internal Storage.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.