tracks not appearing on main screen

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: tracks not appearing on main screen

Post by jfheath »

I have only recently come across this quirk.

Having reset the Explore Database, cold-restart the XT before it has chance to re-make the connection. ie - hold in the power button until the red button appears on the screen, confirming that you want to turn it off.

Let it restart.

It might be worth turning off Blue tooth on the XT screen prior to resetting the explore database. Sod's law applies to the tiny time gap between resetting Explore and managing to power down the XT. Plenty of time for it to re-connect !

I've been doing this switching between explore and not having it for well over a year without any issue. Then suddenly it starts to reconnect. It wasn't new to v6.5 of the software, 'cos I reolled my XT back to 6.4, and it did it with that. But it could have been an ealrier upgrade. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention before. Who knows ? Not me.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
fatfeet
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by fatfeet »

it's not really a huge issue, but at least others will now be aware of the quirks of these two apps. I think I will just delete the drive app.
to achieve, we must first attempt
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

You might want to consider how useful it is for sending routes, tracks and waypoints to the XT by email via the Drive App. No more plugging/unplugging the USB cable. Message alerts are sometimes useful as are Weather and Traffic on the route ahead.

My XT has remained disconnected from Explore since I disconnected it and then did an immediate cold restart.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.