Zumo XT, Packtalk Bold and Android phone paring question

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
trepetti
United States of America

Zumo XT, Packtalk Bold and Android phone paring question

Post by trepetti »

I am a new Zumo XT owner and I am trying to settle on a config that works for me. I have my music files and playlists on my phone, and what I am trying to achieve is:

- Stream music from my phone to my Packtalk Bold so I can use 'Hey Cardo..' to control playback.
- Have phone calls go directly to my Packtalk Bold from my phone.
- Receive spoken directions from my Zumo XT to my Packtalk Bold.

I believe that the correct config is to:
- Set the Zumo music player to use MP3s stored on the GPS (to prevent it stealing the bluetooth music connection from my android phone
- Connect my phone to my Packtalk Bold on channel 1
- Connect my Zumo XT to my Packtalk Bold on channel 2

Does anyone have a similar config and does it produce the result I am looking for?

Thanks
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo XT, Backtalk Bold and Android phone paring question

Post by jfheath »

Its a long time since you posted this. At the time I was in no position to answer. I have only recently got myself the Packtalk edge which is similar to the Packtalk Bold

Your solution doesn't do what you said that you wanted it to. You said that you wanted music from your phone ? Your solution uses music from your XT.

My experience with phone, Xt and music is that the music from the phone keeps getting fragmented - the Xt and phone talk all the time getting traffuc data and weather data and communicating via Explore - if you have it set up. That constant stream of data seems to affect the flow of music data. At least for me.

Also my Edge BT connections worked very well, until i came to use them the next day. The reconnection was not reliable. I was trying to establish a BT connection with pillion, and most times I had to press the buttons to re-pair. Tedious. I resorted to the mesh link between rider and pillion. That works perfectly every time.

However If you put your music on the XT in an MP3 folder the Xt has an excellent MP3 player. it will find music in any subfolders, and yses the MP3 tags to show you lists by artist, album, genre etc. It ignores your folder structure - which is good, as it means you can organise your files as you want without it affecting the XT display.

Pair your XT with your headset.
Pair your phone with the XT

Do not pair the phone with the headset. Hey Cardo commands still work with music playing from the XT. eg next, previous, volume.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.