New message on express-new maps so much info unable to install

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
hammer
United States of America

New message on express-new maps so much info unable to install

Post by hammer »

Went to update map to 2023.10. First updated Garmin express to 7.12.1.0. Then went to install map to device only. Instead of usual message about picking region, the message said:

We're unable to install the updates.

The latest version of these maps have so much new information that we're not going to be able to fit it all in your device's internal memory. Please contact product support for help with updating your maps.

I've not seen this before? Not sure what to do, besides contacting them if that is what I need to do?
hammer
United States of America

Re: New message on express-new maps so much info unable to install

Post by hammer »

Strange. I figured I'd try installing to computer, then transfer to zumo. But I already have those maps on my zumo! Not sure why express is saying new maps available and then giving message in previous post if I try to install them.
carolinarider09
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 35 times
United States of America

Post by carolinarider09 »

I don't have an answer for you. In general, if it works..... Then I'd leave it alone.

Just a question. Did you check to see that the maps on your Zumo are 2023.10 using the Zumo itself (not relying on Garmin Express).
hammer
United States of America

Post by hammer »

Yes, 2023.10 listed on zumo map info. Last time I installed maps was several months ago. I see on these forums that 2023.10 came out in Feb so I'm sure that was what I installed. I hooked up zumo to check if any update and GE said yes. And GE update also. But 2023.10 is the most current map, correct?
carolinarider09
United States of America

I just checked and Garmin Express says 2023.10 is the most recent.

You can also look at the Map Updates Topic at the top of the board and see which map is most recent.
hammer
United States of America

Post by hammer »

Yes, I figured out I have the latest. So why is Garmin Express telling me an update is available and then giving me that message? Right now I have no way to reinstall maps, change region. I don't need to right now, but I am worried about what will happen when next update comes out. I guess I will see shortly as new update probably few weeks away.
carolinarider09
United States of America

There many be another option you might try. Download the maps to your computer and then try using Garmin Mapinstall. I have used it on occasion. It still works with my 665.
hammer
United States of America

Post by hammer »

Thx. I had already kinda tried that. Although didn't actually do it. It did get me to screen to select map areas to install. Then I exited. I will wait till new map out and see what happens.