Easy way to send any place from Google Maps

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
BrAtKo
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times
Slovakia

Re: Easy way to send any place from Google Maps

Post by BrAtKo »

I think we should send email to Garmin, they could to contact the Google company to add ability to share via Drive app to their Google Maps app (same like builtin Maps app have).
Image Honda NC750S DCT fuel consumption (115 000km from 2015y)
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

All through this thread I've been wondering........

You have in your hand a gps device. Why not just pick your point on the zumo and forget about all this other nonsense?
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
BrAtKo
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times
Slovakia

Post by BrAtKo »

Using a phone to find any POI (and I have thousands mine own favorites on google) or dest. and send it to the XT is much much quicker (the XT is still slow device). I've switched from the TomTom and this is most used feature for me - the cloud. Garmin is far far away of TomTom navigation itself. Garmin has lot of nice to have features, but basic one - the navigation - that still need lot of improvements when I compare it to Tom Tom.

P.S. when I'm reading the traveling blogs, books, TV series, all the interested places I'm usually save in Google Maps app during reading/watching for later use
Last edited by BrAtKo on Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Honda NC750S DCT fuel consumption (115 000km from 2015y)
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

rbentnail wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:44 am All through this thread I've been wondering........

You have in your hand a gps device. Why not just pick your point on the zumo and forget about all this other nonsense?
Because not all points of interest are on the zumo! there is a hell of a lot missing

Also I there is a lot of people that use google maps for other things and the end user only has access through google maps for that. IE on my other forum we run a game where there is a load of locations throughout the UK where you ride and tag your bike. All these locations are on google maps so its far easier to look on your phone then send the destinations to your Zumo have a look here https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/topic/4 ... tures-only

I also use another map which has a list of loads of biker friendly cafe's within the UK which is updated daily
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 261 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

The GPS is fine for looking into what is nearby but when I stop for fuel an hour or so before a mealtime it sure is nice to fire up a map app on my phone, guesstimate where I'll be in an hour, and search that area for restaurants. Not only do you get to see what and where but also the restaurant type and reviews. Locally owned, non-franchised are preferred.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.