question on an image

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
rufasim
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

question on an image

Post by rufasim »

When I open one of my planned routes, on the bottom left box, where you click open top see all your points? There is an image of what appears to to be a man. A smaller circle sitting atop a larger one. It may have always been there, I just don't remember seeing it before. 'what is that an icon for?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Re: question on an image

Post by sussamb »

Not sure what you're referring to. Can you post a screenshot?
rufasim
United States of America

Post by rufasim »

I figured it out, but not sure how it happened. The activity profile got switched on all my planned routes from motorcycling to none. I planned a short little route and the default is set to motorcycling, so I know my routes were planned that way. I just don't know how they got switched, unless it was when I turned off seasonal closings in activity. That was the last time I was in settings
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

If you change a setting then that's what happens.
rufasim
United States of America

Post by rufasim »

I went ahead and manually changed them all back to motorcycling. Everything will be back to normal?
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Well they will now use the motorcycle activity you've selected, yes.
jfheath
Has liked: 268 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

rufasim wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:57 pm I went ahead and manually changed them all back to motorcycling. Everything will be back to normal?
There is a quick way of doing this:

Multi select the routes that you want to change from the left hand window. (on the PC, you do this by holding down the CTRL key as you click).

With the routes that you want to change selected ( highlighted in blue), right click on any one of the highlighted routes.
Choose 'Open' fromt he pop-up list of options.

This displays a Dialogue Box like the one below ( where I have two routes selected)

Multi-select Routes.jpg
Multi-select Routes.jpg (20.93 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
No name for the route is given (because there is more than one route selected). The profile box and the colour box are both available.

Select the profile that you want to change for all of the selected routes.

Not that you can also change the colour of a number of routes at the same time.
This dialog box also lets you join routes together.

I'll add some more about Basecamp profiles and the way that they can be used to good effect. I though that I had aleady written something, but I cannot find it.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.