**NEW** Courses on Garmin Explore App.

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

**NEW** Courses on Garmin Explore App.

Post by jfheath »

The Explore App on my Galaxy Smartphone now has a facility for creating 'Courses'.

When clicking on successive points, the latest point is joined to the previous one - but rather than joining with a straight line, it follows the roads.
There's a magnet icon at the bottom of the screen which can be toggled to allow the old straight line tracks to be created or to force it to follow roads.

A page describing it just popped up while typing. It works off road too - restricting the plot to roads, tracks and trails that allow pedestrians - so it will plot courses on public footpaths.

When synchronised, the Explore Website now has a new symbol to represent the course, and it picks up the course that was created on the app.

When synchronised with the XT, the new course shows up in the Tracks lists.

Maybe the website explore will have the same feature before long.

I thought that I had missed something - but I checked my screen shots that are posted on the Everything you Need to Know article from a few months ago. The course icon wasn't showing then. So unless I'm mistaken, this seems like a new development.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
BrAtKo
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times
Slovakia

Re: **NEW** Courses on Garmin Explore App.

Post by BrAtKo »

Hello @jfheath, the web site and iOS app has the same possibility, it is hidden under + sign to open menu of course creating.
Image Honda NC750S DCT fuel consumption (115 000km from 2015y)
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

BrAtKo wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:36 pm Hello @jfheath, the web site and iOS app has the same possibility, it is hidden under + sign to open menu of course creating.

No. I must be being thick, or blind. It is there on the Android App, and it is there on the Ipad app. I had tried it on both of those. The screen image below is showing the collections that I created the other day on both of those devices - synchronsied and placed into the Courses heading in the Library.

I cannot find any way to create a course on the website at Explore.garmin.com - The plus and - buttons near the map icon simply zoom in and out.

explore.jpg
explore.jpg (236.17 KiB) Viewed 571 times

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
BrAtKo
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times
Slovakia

Post by BrAtKo »

Sorry you are right, only + in app is popup the menu with new course.
Image Honda NC750S DCT fuel consumption (115 000km from 2015y)