Basecamp question

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Re: Basecamp question

Post by Fxwheels »

Does anyone knows why when making a route I'm getting the arrows moving in the opposite (backwards) direction from where my route is going, colliding with the arrows in the right direction? Even though I put all my shaping points on the road.
Takes time to get around it by moving some points elsewhere, deleting them and set a new ones.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Zoom all the way in and make sure all the points are properly placed exactly where they should be. Placing then "on the road" sometimes isn't good enough.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Dual Carrigeways are often the cause of this - the point is located on the wrong side of the road.

OR

One or more of the points are incorrectly placed int he wrong sequence.
Edit the route by double clicking its name in the left hand pane. Then drag the last point above the point before it. Then put it back again.

Your route will be joined with a series of straight lines - which makes it very easy to see which point is out of sequence.

Alernatively you can click on the first point and make sure you can see the map. Untick the 'Centre Map' option at the bottom of the dialog box so you can see the whole route. Then tap cursor down, and each point will be highlighted on the map in turn. Again - it makes it easy to see the point sequence on the map.

(There is a bug in Basecamap - if you move the next to the last point up the order, it draws it correctly but forgets to detach it from the last point - so that point ends up with three lines attached to it - just let it redraw and edit it again).

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

jfheath wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:43 am One or more of the points are incorrectly placed int he wrong sequence.
Edit the route by double clicking its name in the left hand pane. Then drag the last point above the point before it. Then put it back again.

Your route will be joined with a series of straight lines - which makes it very easy to see which point is out of sequence.

(There is a bug in Basecamap - if you move the next to the last point up the order, it draws it correctly but forgets to detach it from the last point - so that point ends up with three lines attached to it - just let it redraw and edit it again).
Yep, it works!
Thanks.