clear database in Basecamp because its crashing on startup

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
paddy_noe
Netherlands

clear database in Basecamp because its crashing on startup

Post by paddy_noe »

How can i remove/ empty the BC database . for as i understand earlier posts, this could be the cause of chrashing BC on startup,
thnxs for any help
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Re: clear database in Basecamp because its crashing on startup

Post by lkraus »

I delayed responding to your question because my database is in a non-standard location (D:\Dropbox\Garmin\Database\4.7\Alldata.gdb) and I did not remember the default. But since you have not received an answer...

Google answers the question, "Where is my Garmin BaseCamp data stored?"
with "Under Windows 10, Basecamp 4.7 stores 'AllData. gdb' in a hidden folder: \Users\your_login_name\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\BaseCamp\Database\4.7."

I would start by copying the entire contents of that folder to another location as a backup in case a corrupted database is not the problem. Then I would delete "AllData.gdb" and remove the ".bak" from "AllData.gdb.bak" and try to start Basecamp. If that does not work, I'd delete AllData.gdb completely.

I put my database in the "cloud" (Dropbox) so that I can synchronize and keep the same data on my home desktop and on my traveling netbook. Backups are important, so this gives me three copies, plus copies in the complete system backups stored on a separate drive at home.
Netherlands

Re: clear database in Basecamp because its crashing on startup

Post by paddy_noe »

thanks a lot, i found it, but now its compaining about the dot.net version