Unlock code

[email protected]
Great Britain

Unlock code

Post by [email protected] »

I have previously paid for lifetime upgrades for my Zumo 550. After installing the latest version of CN Europe 2022 I find I can't unlock it. Garmin no longer unlock maps online. What is the remedy and are Garmin in default of their contract. Ideas please.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Re: Unlock code

Post by sussamb »

First thing to try is to reinstall the map using Express. If that doesn't work try calling Garmin Product Support so they can resolve it.
OldEssexMan
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by OldEssexMan »

I have/had a similar problem with updates on my 550. Maps would download OK but I couldn't access them, they remained 'locked'. After lots of to-ing and fro-ing with Garmin Support I tried to download the map on a different laptop, it worked fine. It appears my elderly-in-computer-terms laptop has developed a mystery fault that pevents the map from unlocking. I now use my daughter's laptop when I want to update my maps. Perhaps you could try a different computer to eliminate that possibility?
MSTOCK27370
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by MSTOCK27370 »

I run Express and install the new map to my computer. Then I plug my 550 into the computer, and I run the install to the computer again. It only takes a minute or so to run because the map is already installed, and this process puts whatever is necessary onto the 550 to unlock the map. After the 550 has the unlock info, I then run Mapinstall to load the map to the 550, putting nearly all the map on the SD card. I always put one map segment on the 550 itself, making sure that it isn't duplicated on the SD card. Don't know if this is necessary (probably not) but it has worked for me through several map updates so why change.
Michael S.
Trinity, North Carolina
Zumo 590LM, 396LM, 550 BMW R1100RT, R100, R60/6