Temperature units

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Zumouser34
Been liked: 1 time

Temperature units

Post by Zumouser34 »

Hi, I’m from the UK. Here, we have miles instead of km and Celsius in of Fahrenheit. Is there anyway of have miles and Celsius? It seems if I want the correct temperature units my distance has to be in km.
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Re: Temperature units

Post by Oop North John »

Well my XT has miles and Celsius, and I can't find how to swap the temperature in the settings. Unless it's "driven" by the Drive app?
Zumouser34

Post by Zumouser34 »

I can’t see anything on the drive app. There doesn’t look to be a lot on there to be honest, other than smart phone notifications and Foursquare. There doesn’t appear to be a way to change it on the XT?
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I'm in the UK.
I get choice of Km / Miles

I can't find a choice for Temperature. Mine shows Celcius.
I can't find anything on the phone either that would change it.

But @sprint reckons he found something on his phone. I wonder if he would enlighten us ?

viewtopic.php?t=836

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Zumouser34

Post by Zumouser34 »

Sent an email to Garmin. Are your navs fully up to date? May be a software issue. Mine is version 6.30
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

I'm not sure about the XT, but my 396 has only the distance units, but the temps are coming from the phone via Smartphone Link. My phone set to Celsius so I get distance in miles from the unit and Celsius temps from the phone settings carried over to Garmin. I think same is with the XT.
Zumouser34

Post by Zumouser34 »

I don’t see any way to alter the settings. The Drive app is pretty bare in terms of interface. I assume it just supplies a database to the XT
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

I'm not sure what Drive app you're talking about. Garmin connects to a smartphone via Smartphone Link app which is just a bare link to your phone. The temperature itself is coming to the nav from what you use on your phone (same way as the txt msges, traffic...).
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Fxwheels wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:15 pm I'm not sure what Drive app you're talking about. Garmin connects to a smartphone via Smartphone Link app which is just a bare link to your phone. The temperature itself is coming to the nav from what you use on your phone (same way as the txt msges, traffic...).
The Zumo XT uses drive, see this page in the manual and select the temperature icon link: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp ... A2CA0.html

Smartphone link is for older Garmin GPS's: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_GB&gl=US
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I have just gone on mine to try and find the answer and I cannot see any settings whatsoever on drive or the XT

Changing from miles to KM didn't alter it either

Mine is set to mines and the temp shows Celsius not sure where it gets that info from!