Dots Vs Flags

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for MAC then please post in this section.
carolinarider09
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Dots Vs Flags

Post by carolinarider09 »

New to Basecamp but I thought I had it worked out.

I thought the "Flags" were "Waypoints" ands the "Dots" were Shaping Points.

So, I was just using the "Flags" (Wayponts) for spots I really wanted to go and then using the mouse and cursor to drag the route when it did not go where I wanted.

Each drag and drop results in a dot on the route. Sometimes I had to use 10 or more "Dots" (which I thought were shaping points and therefore just there to shape the route) to make the route go where I wanted.

That is not a big deal but I found out that the GPS announces each "DOT" (or Shaping Point) as I approach it. With 10 or more shaping points in 10 or so miles that's annoying.

Is there a way to turn that notification off or is that an alternated that will allow be to shape the route without have to put a "Flag" everywhere.
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 116 times
United States of America

Re: Dots Vs Flags

Post by lkraus »

Drag and drop to a location along a road and you create a via point (with alert).
Drag and drop to an intersection and you create a shaping point (no alerting). Don't drop at an intersection where you might actually want to turn.

Open (right click or double click on route name) a route to see and change alerting status of your "dots".
route.jpg
route.jpg (72.18 KiB) Viewed 134 times
Shaping points will show (won't alert), via points will not. You can right-click the point to change the alert status.

Lots more info on the differences between via points, shaping points, and waypoints(flags) here:app.php/ZXT-P04
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Re: Dots Vs Flags

Post by carolinarider09 »

Thanks. Just what I needed to know.