Is it possible?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
MaxDavis
United States of America

Is it possible?

Post by MaxDavis »

I've recently crafted a day trip in Basecamp, comprising 38 via points. Would changing 9 of them into shaping points by setting them to non-alerting suffice for the XT to recognize it as a single route? This way, I can avoid the need to delete via points and manually create shaping points using the BC Insert tool.
jfheath
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 620 times
Great Britain

Re: Is it possible?

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forum Max.

Short Answer - Yes.

The maximum number of Via Points, excluding start and finish is 29. After that the Zumo breaks the routes into chunks of 29+2.

The longer answer is a question.

Why do you want that many Via Points. You have to pass through Via Points before the satnav will navigate ahead. Shaping points are more forgiving. If say you have a route that is closed or diverted, and you miss out a shaping point as a result, as soon as you rejoin the magenta line after the shaping point, the satnav doesn't care and navigates you forward. If you miss out a Via point, you have to go back to it, or use skip.

Take a look at my pages here. There's a lot of useful info, diagrams and explanations.

viewtopic.php?t=1464

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.